X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Broadcasting Company Television Drama Script Program Submission Call

So there's this, from The Black List:

http://www.blcklst.com/fox

Is it just a ploy from them to get as many people to fork over $25 as possible, or does FBC really desperately need new writers?

Re: Fox Broadcasting Company Television Drama Script Program Submission Call

Hey, look at NBC with their comedy workshop.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Re: Fox Broadcasting Company Television Drama Script Program Submission Call

I don't know if I would go as far as saying they're desperate, but studios are always looking for new (ie. cheap) writers--or emerging writers with a fresh voice. That's why ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, and FOX have had fellowships or writing programs for years now. FOX has a solid track record with writing programs, actually. Before this Black List partnership, FOX had a partnership with the NYTVF to find new comedy pilots (which was totally legit--I know several finalists), and the FOX Writers Intensive (which a friend of mine won and it led to a deal with FX).

SO...it's legit. They are looking for new voices and they will give emerging writers a chance. Whether or not they'll find what they are looking for is a whole other story.

Comment

Working...
      X