Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative World Awards scorecard -- 2014 edition

I know screenwriting contest judges grade on a curve, but it's still nice to read stuff like "vivid wordsmithing" in the judge's comments. The comments also pointed out some weaknesses, echoing other readers.

This is the second time I've entered the CWA and I'm again surprised at the depth of the judge's scorecard comments/notes. The scorecard/notes make the entry fee something of a bargain, in my opinion.

Two years ago, a script scoring 8.85 made it to the semi-finals. It'll be interesting to see how far a 9.04 score gets you.

Good luck to others in the CWA.

Re: Creative World Awards scorecard -- 2014 edition

I always wondered what kinds of scores are getting into the higher ranking rounds. I've entered the past 3 years: first year scored an overall 8.06. Second year I entered two and got an 8.51 and an 8.11. None of these scores got me past the preliminaries. This year I entered two again and got an 8.40 and 8.57 so I figure I should keep my expectations low.

Comment

Three of my scripts were "preliminary finalists" last year, but I did not pay the extra to get feedback, so I have no ratings for them. Have entered again this year, again without paying more for feedback. Will be curious to see how they do. May enter my new script as well, after one more edit.

Good luck to all who entered!

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuffin View Post
        Three of my scripts were "preliminary finalists" last year, but I did not pay the extra to get feedback, so I have no ratings for them. Have entered again this year, again without paying more for feedback. Will be curious to see how they do. May enter my new script as well, after one more edit.

Good luck to all who entered!
        If you enter early enough the feedback is a complimentary bonus (I hesitate to call anything that comes with an entry fee 'free').

Thread bump for results tomorrow. I think I have four in? Maybe five? They are one of the few that take spec episodes and I *might* have spammed them. It was a while ago.

Anyone else entered that hasn't chimed in yet?
        "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Preliminary list is up on the awards page (difficulty: heading still says 2013).

In with four. How did our fellow DDers fare?
          "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

I entered five, and four are still in the running. Kind of a nice surprise :>)

(edited after I read the almost unreadable scrawl on my note to self about which scripts I had entered - staying up all night writing does a number on your handwriting)
            Last edited by MacGuffin; 08-10-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I entered two, and both are still there. I'm actually surprised about one, since it scored under an 8.

Comment

Folks in with two or more scripts should really feel good about themselves. Demonstrates consistency, which is a rare thing.

Comment

Submitted only one this year -- my first submission into this contest. And it made it through prelims.

I wonder how far it'll go with an 8.53 score?

Comment

I'm 1/1 as well. I sure thought I ordered a scorecard, but... apparently I didn't. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming weekly announcements.

Comment

Quarterfinalists are up! Though they still list prelims on Aug 8th as an upcoming announcement. Very stealthy of them!

Still in with four - including 3 of the top ten TV drama specs. Looks like we drink from the good whiskey stash tonight.
                      Last edited by Willoughby; 08-13-2014, 06:58 PM. Reason: Posting from a Kindle is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post
                        Quarterfinalists are up! Though they still list prelims on Aug 8th as an upcoming announcement. Very stealthy of them!

Still in with four - including 3 of the top ten TV drama specs. Looks like we drink from the good whiskey stash tonight.
                        That was stealthy! Still in with two (the older of my four preliminary finalist scripts). Congrats on your four still in the running, Willoughby!

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuffin View Post
                          That was stealthy! Still in with two (the older of my four preliminary finalist scripts). Congrats on your four still in the running, Willoughby!
                          Congrats right back at 'ya!

"I drink from the keg of glory, Donna. Bring me the finest muffins and bagels in all the land!"

Comment

I'm in as well. Congrats to those who advanced. Willoughby - you have a 1 in 3 chance of beating yourself... but you have three such chances! Good luck to you and you and you.

Comment

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post
                              3 of the top ten TV drama specs.
                              We're not worthy.

That is outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X