X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FranklinLeonard
    replied
    Re: Sundance Episodic Story Lab

Congrats to Matt Young, one of the Black List referrals to the Sundance Episodic Story Lab who was invited to attend! The TV side of the site in action!

Leave a comment:

• Squigtone
    replied

Lab Fellows are up:

http://www.sundance.org/stories/arti...ows-announced/

Leave a comment:

• AlexLora
    replied

I didn't make it either. Does anyone know someone who made it?

Leave a comment:

• tlotia
    replied

Nope

Leave a comment:

• celticbeauty
    replied

Emails went out today. Any DDers make the cut?

Leave a comment:

• tlotia
    replied

The FAQs say: "We will notify everyone of our final decision of the writers selected for the Lab by August 15, 2014" so they must be in the process of interviewing now.

Leave a comment:

• AnyOtherName
    replied

Originally posted by celticbeauty View Post
    I heard that they notified the Sundance Screenplay lab second rounders already. I've heard nothing about the Episodic Story lab. However, given that the finalists are being notified by August 15th--they've probably already contacted those in contention.
    FWIW, I've been a Sundance second rounder in the past, as have some friends, and the Lab has been known to notify second rounders on a rolling basis, i.e., one person might get a "Congrats!" email on July 25th, another on August 13th. No idea whether it's the same this year, either for the Screenplay Lab or for Episodic.

Leave a comment:

• celticbeauty
    replied

I heard that they notified the Sundance Screenplay lab second rounders already. I've heard nothing about the Episodic Story lab. However, given that the finalists are being notified by August 15th--they've probably already contacted those in contention.

Leave a comment:

• tlotia
    replied

Not I!

Leave a comment:

• Harris
    replied

Applied and haven't heard anything. Someone above mentioned that interviews started a few weeks ago--has anyone been contacted?

Leave a comment:

• FredoSharp
    replied

Maybe, maybe not. As I said, I'm not positive - other than knowing some meetings have begun. They've been a bit cagey with this process. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• tlotia
    replied

Ah, I haven't heard anything. Guess I'm out then!
    Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• FredoSharp
    replied

My understanding is that some interviews/meetings have begun. I don't know if they are second round interviews, but I suspect they simply won't have time to meet with everyone who applied - so perhaps the meeting in and of itself is something of a second round or finalist thing.

Leave a comment:

• tlotia
    replied

Thanks! You too!

Leave a comment:

• celticbeauty
    replied

I submitted. They said that they would notify by August 15th. They didn't say anything about interviews; however, I'd assume that interviews--if any--would be held mid-to-late July.

Since it's the first year, it's hard to say what the process will be from here on out. Best of luck to you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X