Horror, Anyone? (Screencraft Horror Contest)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror, Anyone? (Screencraft Horror Contest)

Well, the finalists are going to be announced on Monday, and the winners on Tuesday -- anyone with a script in the race?

I've got a contained horror/thriller with a human villain -- 4 characters, two locations -- in the running.

Paranormal horror is hot right now so I'm hoping my mortal bad guy can compete!

Good luck to all who've entered!

Re: Horror, Anyone? (Screencraft Horror Contest)

Yes, I do. Good luck to you too, and to anyone else who entered.

Comment

BTW, where did you get the information? I can't find anything on their site or their Twitter or Facebook pages.
      Last edited by P-jay; 06-26-2014, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-jay View Post
        BTW, where did you get the information? I can't find anything on their site or their Twitter or Facebook pages.
        When I submitted, I sent an email and asked about when the first announcements would be. The reply was June 30. Also, here's what it says at their contest page:

The selected 2 winners will be notified by e-mail on or about July 1st, 2014.

at:
        http://www.screencraft.org/horror

So I guess they have to announce the finalists on Monday seeing they will announce the winners on Tuesday!

Comment

Thanks.

I think that page also said something about their possibly requiring finalists to provide some kind of notarized statement about the scripts being their own, and having to comply within ten days. Maybe they're not doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by P-jay View Post
            Thanks.

I think that page also said something about their possibly requiring finalists to provide some kind of notarized statement about the scripts being their own, and having to comply within ten days. Maybe they're not doing that.
            Uh-oh... I hope they're NOT doing that in advance of the announcements since that would mean we're out of the running as we haven't been contacted yet. (I mean, I haven't, have you?)

Ah, jeez, I had my fingers crossed -- I was wildly hoping to make the quarterfinals!

(What kind of horror script is yours?)

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
              Uh-oh... I hope they're NOT doing that in advance of the announcements since that would mean we're out of the running as we haven't been contacted yet. (I mean, I haven't, have you?)

Ah, jeez, I had my fingers crossed -- I was wildly hoping to make the quarterfinals!

(What kind of horror script is yours?)
              I have no idea what this means. Have they already notified the QFs? Did they have QFs? And wouldn't they post the QF list if they did have one?

No, I haven't been contacted. I'm not going to make any assumptions yet. I'll wait to find out and then crash and burn.

My script is a supernatural thriller. It isn't dead on genre for horror, but generally fits the category.

Comment

Okay, five hours ago, on their Facebook page, ScreenCraft made this announcement:

"Screamcraft Horror Script Contest quarter-finalists to be announced on Monday. Finalists will be announced in the next couple weeks!"

They also say that entrants can watch their Facebook page or get on their e-mail list:

www.screencraft.org/signup

So, two and a half more days of nail-biting for those who still have nails to bite.

Comment

Me too. Congratulations to you as well. And whoever else made it.

Comment

Yay! I'm in, too! So glad DDers are well represented!

Comment

Yup - Made it in as well. Good luck everyone Sounds like there are a lot of very good scripts this year.

Comment

Made it too! And Screencraft ranked DD top for screenwriting websites. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

QF here for my thriller. Good luck to all still in the running :>)

Comment

Semifinalists are up. I didn't move ahead, darn it! Congrats to all of you who did!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I'm still in. Congrats to the others who made it.

Comment

Working...
                              X