Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Page International Screenwriting Awards 2014

Holy moly, that was a lot of work there, sir!

Your numbers breakdown is pretty accurate, and as far as I can see you're correct about which genres these particular scripts are competing in, but let me just also explain that some scripts were entered and are still be read and considered in more than one genre category (Action/Sci-Fi, Comedy/Family, etc.). This is one of the reasons we don't indicate genre at this stage. Final determination of genre category will be made during this next round of the contest.

Also, as you point out, there are many more Dramas and Comedies still in the running than Historical Films, Family Films and Shorts. In the first couple of rounds of the contest, scripts advance proportionally to the total number of scripts entered in that category (top 25% & top 10%).

But that means that this next cut - where we trim the list down to the top 25 scripts in each category - will be much easier for some than others, as about half of the Quarter-Finalist scripts will advance to the Semis in the smaller categories, while only about 1 in 4 of the Dramas and Comedies will advance.

Hope that helps explain?

Congrats to all the DDP writers who have advanced this year!

Best regards,
    Jen
    Last edited by PAGE Awards; 07-18-2014, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Congrats all!
      www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
      http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

For those of you who have scripts in the PAGE Quarter-Finals this year, a quick reminder that we will be inviting those of you who advance to the Semi-Finals to submit your latest draft for the Semi-Final Round of competition this year. Once the Semi-Finalists are announced on Friday, those of you who advance will have about 48 hours to email us a .pdf of your most recent draft, along with our Confirmation of Eligibility Form.

I will email additional info and the Confirmation Form to all of our Semi-Finalists on Friday, once the list has been posted on our website. So if your script is on the list, please keep an eye out for that email in your in-box on Friday afternoon.

We have a very tight turnaround time on this, so just wanted to give you all a heads up!

Best regards,
        Jen

Comment

With the Page semifinalist announcements scheduled for Friday, I'd like to ask folks:

What cheap, brown liquor goes best with disappointment??

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post

All of them, if you drink enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
              With the Page semifinalist announcements scheduled for Friday, I'd like to ask folks:

Thanks in advance.
              Writer's Tears. Now in whiskey form.

http://www.moodiereport.com/images3/...1013_300_1.jpg

You know, in case you feel like spending more for the tears of a writer than just the amount spent on contest entry fees.
              "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Now that Scriptapalooza has posted, some scripts that made both - there were a lot:

3 Faces of Hunger and Thirst (BlueCat winner)
                Tattercoats
                Lifting Speed
                Max and the Happy Prince

Also, to add to info from earlier, horror has about 90 QFs

Probable Historicals from PAGE (forgot in earlier post)

3 Faces of Hunger and Thirst
                A Dolphin in Our Lake
                Armada
                Blood and Dreams
                Boon Island
                The Culper Ring
                The Dark Age
                Fire and Stone
                Garbo's Last Stand
                Gioacchino Lupara
                Grimm Reapers
                Hero Wanted
                The Honorable William Kidd
                Impression
                Lifting Speed
                The Lives of Outlaws
                Mad Anthony Wayne
                Of All the Men Killed on Last Stand Hill
                Racket
                The First King of England
                The Poem
                Unlikely Spies
                The Volunteer
                Vidocq

I wonder if 3 Faces is eligible to win still. Also, this category is loaded. Tons of major contest finalists in that list.

Comment

PAGE is up!

http://pageawards.com/past-winners/2...emi-finalists/

Still in with my one. Makes up for that boot-print Scriptapalooza left on my backside yesterday.

How's everyone else faring?
                  "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

I'm out but it was fun while it lasted! Good luck to everyone else!
                    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Comment

Where are you guys seeing the semi-finalist results. It still has the QF's posted from last month.

Comment

Originally posted by liverbird View Post
                        Where are you guys seeing the semi-finalist results. It still has the QF's posted from last month.
                        On the link I posted. On a hunch, I went to the QF list and replaced the word quarter on the website address with semi.

Comment

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post
                          On the link I posted. On a hunch, I went to the QF list and replaced the word quarter on the website address with semi.
                          Ha! Very clever Willoughby!

I'm still in with my comedy.

Am curious what people think -- Is it too early to include "Page semi-finalist" in subject line in queries to managers and agents? Or wait 'til next round -- assuming you make it, of course?

Congrats to all the other survivors.

Comment

Well played, Willoughby. And congrats to both you & Concord. I am still in the fight as well. Eager to send in revised drafts?

TA

Comment

Still in the game with my action script! It's really an action-thriller, so I entered it in thriller with an additional entry in the action category. Looks like action's the genre the judges preferred.

Congrats to my fellow Semifinalists, and good luck in the next round!

Late Night Writer

Comment

In with one. Out with one. Congrats to those who made it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X