Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Draft Big Break 2014

I entered the Final Draft Big Break this year. From what I've read that there doesn't seem to be much exposure for the quarter finalists? (First round) What has been your previous experience for those who entered? Have managers and agents contacted you in the first round?

Good luck to those who have entered.

Re: Final Draft Big Break 2014

To be honest, I don't really know of any contests where managers and agents get excited after the first round of cuts. It usually takes until at least the semi-finals to begin looking attractive.

As for Big Break, looking at their past years and having talked to last years winners, I can say that their winners do get repped.

Comment

I was a QF in the contest two years ago; wasn't contacted by anyone. I doubt contestants receive any traction until they get to the finalist level (as with most contests).
      "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Pity - the Nichols folks are often contacted in the first round. Well let's hope I advance more but we'll see.

Comment

I was a finalist last year or the year before and was contacted by several managers and production companies

Comment

How did it work out for you writing wise?

Comment

I'm in the QF of PAGE and Scriptapalooza and have not been contacted. Neither of those contests even differentiated the QF lists by genre or even made an effort to make the list not be a visual blizzard. I'd have a hard time seeing how any of the QFs there would be contacted.

They could interpolate between the lists and find the repeats. I do that because I'm in it and the info doesn't bother me as a young person. But professionals I highly doubt would ever see use in that. Especially because some of those have already won something.

Comment

Working...
              X