X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Pictures' Emerging Writers Fellowship

http://www.nbcunicareers.com/univers...ers-fellowship

Anyone doing this? How about last year?

The submission window will only be open for 30 days or until we receive 500 eligible applications (whichever comes first). Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Universal Pictures reserves the right to close the application window at any time.
    If you really like it you can have the rights
    It could make a million for you overnight

Re: Universal Pictures' Emerging Writers Fellowship

I'm applying. It's odd that they don't accept dramas, though. Most of my scripts are dramas, but I do have one thriller. I have another thriller in progress, so hopefully I finish that soon and have time to rewrite it. Would be nice to make the next round. I'd love to find out how the current fellows are doing.

Comment

I think the reference requirement is ridiculous (though not a problem in my particular case). It's exactly the people who DON'T have the contacts who need this the most.
      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Does anyone know when semifinal calls go out?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything yet? Seems like radio silence for a while...

Comment

I know someone who was asked for a second script about a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
              I think the reference requirement is ridiculous (though not a problem in my particular case). It's exactly the people who DON'T have the contacts who need this the most.

I dont get this either, arent fellowships supposed to be about seeking out new talent without limiting it?

Comment

I'm not a fan of the letter of rec requirement, but I understand it.

It's probably the best way to limit an applicant pool because otherwise they'd be getting Nicholls-esque numbers of submissions.

I imagine it's also an indicator of future writing success. These fellowships are pretty loose on what constitutes an "industry professional" - essentially any producer, department head, film school professor, ANYONE who works in film. If a writer is serious about this career, then they've probably worked on a film set or taken some classes or made contacts at their local film council. Essentially the requirement is saying - "Prove to us that this is a career for you and not just a hobby."

Comment

Working...
                X