No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sundance Episodic Story Lab?

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
    Just got the email. Probably had more submissions this year than expected.
    Just saw the notification about April 1st as well.

Does anyone have any idea how many submissions they got, or any way of finding that out?

Also -- is there any data anywhere about the historical percentage of submissions (for the Sundance feature lab, for example) that get to the second round? Would be curious to know that...

Comment

Originally posted by evanyoung View Post
      Just saw the notification about April 1st as well.

Does anyone have any idea how many submissions they got, or any way of finding that out?

Also -- is there any data anywhere about the historical percentage of submissions (for the Sundance feature lab, for example) that get to the second round? Would be curious to know that...
      If their numbers are similar to what have historically been submitted to other similar programs (WB Fellowship and Austin FF Teleplay, for example) I would guess in the 1,500 to 2,000 range.

Comment

Any news?

Comment

I think they said April 1, but I could be mistaken.

Comment

My calendar says April 1.
            "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

awesome, thanks everyone!

Comment

I was accepted! Got an email today.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerLeisher View Post
                  I was accepted! Got an email today.
                  Congrats! Good luck in the next round

Comment

I was accepted for the second round as well!

Comment

Mazel tov to Tyler and BK!

I haven't heard yet, so I'm guessing that's bad news...
                      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Rejection emails are being sent out. I just received mine! Good luck to those who made it to the second round. To those who didn't, keep pushing forward! 😊

Comment

Originally posted by april30ara View Post
                          Rejection emails are being sent out. I just received mine! Good luck to those who made it to the second round. To those who didn't, keep pushing forward! 😊
                          Ditto here -- got the rejection as well. Good luck to everyone who's moving on.

Comment

Ilyse McKimmie, who coordinates the Sundance feature lab, spoke last weekend at the WGA First Draft to Features event and was pretty clear that, from Sundance's perspective, the labs for them are a development tool (paraphrasing: "I'm continually surprised when applicants send in their action/rom-com scripts, which are not in line with Sundance's mission") So that they are presumably looking for projects that could potentially be Sundance projects at some point in their lifespan. Although she didn't speak to the Episodic side, I would guess that they have the same POV on their submissions.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                              Ilyse McKimmie, who coordinates the Sundance feature lab, spoke last weekend at the WGA First Draft to Features event and was pretty clear that, from Sundance's perspective, the labs for them are a development tool (paraphrasing: "I'm continually surprised when applicants send in their action/rom-com scripts, which are not in line with Sundance's mission") So that they are presumably looking for projects that could potentially be Sundance projects at some point in their lifespan. Although she didn't speak to the Episodic side, I would guess that they have the same POV on their submissions.
                              I'm not sure how true that is for the episodic side... my pilot isn't a typical dark drama script... it's an action/political drama. A lot of the ones that won last year weren't dark dramas either.

Comment

Considering entering this year. Here's a follow-up article on last year. Glean from it what you will:

http://deadline.com/2015/09/sundance...ts-1201541615/

Interested in the experience those who went further down the road had. Care to share?
                                Last edited by carcar; 01-18-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X