• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carcar
    replied
    Re: Sundance Episodic Story Lab?

Huge congrats!

(Wish it was me !) But I hope you'll share some of the experience when you're done! Have a great time!

Which project? (Or do I already know from Inside Pitch?)

Leave a comment:

• CthulhuRises
    replied

Originally posted by Molly Maguire View Post
    Round 3 was the phone interview. If I remember correctly, they said they selected 20 or 25 finalists to be interviewed, and picked the 10 fellows from those. (Well, this year they chose 11 projects.) We had our interview the last week of July and found out the first week of August we'd been selected. Since then, they have been amazingly helpful, with story meetings and feedback and they even arranged a pitch training session in LA to practice before the actual lab itself. One more call tomorrow, and then we head to the lab on Monday.

Congrats on making the second round and definitely keep applying. The list of mentors and advisors they're bringing in to work with us is absolutely incredible! It's definitely worth trying for!

-Mol
    Ohh...I was confusing Labs! I'm in the YouTube/Sundance New Voices one...

Leave a comment:

• LauriD
    replied

Made it!

- Mol

Mazel tov! Have a wonderful time!

Leave a comment:

• Molly Maguire
    replied

Round 3 was the phone interview. If I remember correctly, they said they selected 20 or 25 finalists to be interviewed, and picked the 10 fellows from those. (Well, this year they chose 11 projects.) We had our interview the last week of July and found out the first week of August we'd been selected. Since then, they have been amazingly helpful, with story meetings and feedback and they even arranged a pitch training session in LA to practice before the actual lab itself. One more call tomorrow, and then we head to the lab on Monday.

Congrats on making the second round and definitely keep applying. The list of mentors and advisors they're bringing in to work with us is absolutely incredible! It's definitely worth trying for!

-Mol

Leave a comment:

• CthulhuRises
    replied

My writing partner and I just found out we've moved on to round three and our interview is on Tuesday.

Would anyone who went through the process before (episodic or feature) be willing to share what they're looking for during the interview, or any other information that would help us prepare for the next step?

Thanks in advance, y'all!

-Mol
    Congrats! I didn't know there was a Round Three? My Project made it to the Second Round, and they just said Finalists would be announced by October 14th. Guessing that means I didn't make it...

Leave a comment:

• Molly Maguire
    replied

Made it!

- Mol

Leave a comment:

• Molly Maguire
    replied

My writing partner and I just found out we've moved on to round three and our interview is on Tuesday.

Would anyone who went through the process before (episodic or feature) be willing to share what they're looking for during the interview, or any other information that would help us prepare for the next step?

Thanks in advance, y'all!

-Mol

Leave a comment:

• carcar
    replied

Considering entering this year. Here's a follow-up article on last year. Glean from it what you will:

http://deadline.com/2015/09/sundance...ts-1201541615/

Interested in the experience those who went further down the road had. Care to share?
    Last edited by carcar; 01-18-2016, 10:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TylerLeisher
    replied

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
    Ilyse McKimmie, who coordinates the Sundance feature lab, spoke last weekend at the WGA First Draft to Features event and was pretty clear that, from Sundance's perspective, the labs for them are a development tool (paraphrasing: "I'm continually surprised when applicants send in their action/rom-com scripts, which are not in line with Sundance's mission") So that they are presumably looking for projects that could potentially be Sundance projects at some point in their lifespan. Although she didn't speak to the Episodic side, I would guess that they have the same POV on their submissions.
    I'm not sure how true that is for the episodic side... my pilot isn't a typical dark drama script... it's an action/political drama. A lot of the ones that won last year weren't dark dramas either.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBanks
    replied

Ilyse McKimmie, who coordinates the Sundance feature lab, spoke last weekend at the WGA First Draft to Features event and was pretty clear that, from Sundance's perspective, the labs for them are a development tool (paraphrasing: "I'm continually surprised when applicants send in their action/rom-com scripts, which are not in line with Sundance's mission") So that they are presumably looking for projects that could potentially be Sundance projects at some point in their lifespan. Although she didn't speak to the Episodic side, I would guess that they have the same POV on their submissions.

Leave a comment:

• evanyoung
    replied

Originally posted by april30ara View Post
    Rejection emails are being sent out. I just received mine! Good luck to those who made it to the second round. To those who didn't, keep pushing forward! 😊
    Ditto here -- got the rejection as well. Good luck to everyone who's moving on.

Leave a comment:

• april30ara
    replied

Rejection emails are being sent out. I just received mine! Good luck to those who made it to the second round. To those who didn't, keep pushing forward! 😊

Leave a comment:

• LauriD
    replied

Mazel tov to Tyler and BK!

I haven't heard yet, so I'm guessing that's bad news...

Leave a comment:

• BKDodger
    replied

I was accepted for the second round as well!

Leave a comment:

• JoeBanks
    replied

Originally posted by TylerLeisher View Post
    I was accepted! Got an email today.
    Congrats! Good luck in the next round

Leave a comment:

Working...
X