Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Pipeline First Look Project Contest 2014

Anyone in the running in this one? The semifinalists are scheduled to be announced by March 15th, next Sunday.

This one has always intrigued me because it "sounds" good, but I don't actually know anyone personally who's entered it.

I submitted my script so long ago that I almost forgot to be on the look out for the announcements.

Anyway, good luck to all who entered!

Re: Script Pipeline First Look Project Contest 2014

No one?

Well, if I'm the only one in the running I might just have a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
      No one?

Well, if I'm the only one in the running I might just have a shot!

Have you heard anyone having any success with previous First Look contest? Getting signed? Making deals? Anything?

Comment

Originally posted by earthbound88
        I placed as a finalist and was extremely underwhelmed by what I got out of it. I definitely don't plan on entering any more of Script Pipeline's contests or using their services.
        Thanks for your candor earthbound. Would you mind expanding on your experience? Just curious as I entered the tv pilot contest.

Comment

So, you didn't get to sell a three million dollar spec like Evan. On the brightside you can use that in your query letters. It might help you. I feel bad for you though. I hope you will have better luck down the road. Try entering into logline contests.

Comment

Thanks earthbound, good to know. I consider notes/feedback a *bonus* when entering these contests, but I'd hardly consider it a prize.

I think your assessment was very even-handed. It's really disappointing to hear how poor the follow-through was, especially for the $50-$80 these contests often charge. For me it's an integrity issue more than anything else.

I'll never forget the one time I paid for notes (I know, I know) and the guy running the service made SO many promises about who he could get the script to. When I got finally the feedback, it was obvious the reader barely skimmed the script. FYI - I didn't change a word and it made semifinals for Austin and Final Draft Big Break.

This year I have a pilot I feel very strongly about so I've entered it in everything. Very curious to see how it all shakes out. ::knocks wood::

Comment

Working...
            X