Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholl Notes

Anyone get notes from Nicholl when submitting in the past? Worth the money?

Re: Nicholl Notes

Originally posted by opie View Post
    Seems as if several DD writers posted Nicholl comments here (from both 2013 and 2014?). I know some 2014 comments were posted on The Black Board.

We posted several comment examples on the Nicholl Facebook page.

We expect that individual reader comments will be a minimum of 150-200 words. Many are longer. We have instructed readers to continue to write the comments for us so that we'll know the strengths and weaknesses of any particular script. Having read thousands and thousands of them over the years, the comments can be useful. They definitely provide insight into how a professional reacts to a particular script.

Writers advancing to the quarters will receive comments from at least five readers. Most qfs will receive six.

Comment

Originally posted by opie View Post
      I was a semifinalist in 2013 and received notes from two readers. This was before you paid extra for comments. The notes were spot on, very helpful.

~Dixon

Comment

I received comments in 2013 and 2014, and I was very grateful for them. The comments showed a complete and careful reading of the screenplay, and they were valuable in revealing what moves an intelligent reader and what doesn't. It is a totally different type of feedback from The Black List notes which are geared toward a "would-I-show-this-script-to-my-boss" evaluation.

Late Night Writer

Comment

I found the notes very thoughtful, but not thorough enough to be worth paying for. I have gotten much more helpful feedback elsewhere.

That was just my experience though.

Comment

Working...
          X