Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptfest, anyone?

Full disclosure: I went to a pitchfest once, and it was awful. (insert Grumpy Cat here)

BUT I obviously dwell in eternal hope (otherwise, I never would have started writing for monies in the first place, right...?)

Scriptfest is an expanded version of the much-lauded GAPF, so it's three days now... Anyone else planning on attending? Or does anyone have any previous GAPF stories or tips they'd like to share?

Re: Scriptfest, anyone?

I am looking forward to attending. I won a logline contest called the ultimate logline. They are paying my ticket. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Comment

Re: Scriptfest, anyone?

These pay-to-pitch events are a waste of money and something I would absolutely avoid, since you can get read by simply querying all the same companies and people for free. You will need a well crafted and commercial logline and a project that happens to match the slate of the targeted exec, but they will request your script if it sounds like a fit, and there is no need to pay for such access. The only caveat is that you must do your homework to track down the right email addresses, but a subscription to IMDbPro can provide that for far less than one of these cottage industry affairs built to prey on neophytes.

And just to be clear, I don't know anything about Scriptfest -- I just know enough people who represented companies at pitch events to know that they are generally only in attendnace to collect a paycheck from the event organizers, and while they might request a script here or there, it's basically one giant collective act of futility by the many writers who view this as a viable means of reaching the gatekeepers.

Comment

Working...
      X