Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackingB pilot results?

Someone mentioned on another thread that the finalists have already been notified... So wassup with the rest of us? Results were supposed to be out the 2d week of June... Did they even announce that they'd be late?
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Re: TrackingB pilot results?

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
    Someone mentioned on another thread that the finalists have already been notified... So wassup with the rest of us? Results were supposed to be out the 2d week of June... Did they even announce that they'd be late?
    Why worry about it? They'll be up when they're up.

Congrats to anyone who's a finalist.

Comment

They are only five finalists and one overall winner. They were posted mid-last week. So if you weren't notified, it's over for you since the list isn't very long.

Here's the link:

http://www.trackingb.com/specs/?post_id=8293

Comment

Crimes of Youth and Pushing Forty sounded interesting.

No one's worried, some of us just like to see the names and loglines of who winds up placing. It's weird they don't send out a mass email with the info. Sometimes too much time goes by and I forget to look it up.

Comment

What BK said.

And I think it's tacky for a contest to take your money and then not even bother to tell you whether you advanced or not. It smacks of disdain for the people who are keeping you in business...

Comment

log-lines sound great... congrats to the finalists, and hope to see another Extant success story from one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
              What BK said.

And I think it's tacky for a contest to take your money and then not even bother to tell you whether you advanced or not. It smacks of disdain for the people who are keeping you in business...
              Granted I've only ever entered a handful of them but does any contest notify each entrant individually that they didn't win?

Comment

Originally posted by slupo View Post
                Granted I've only ever entered a handful of them but does any contest notify each entrant individually that they didn't win?
                Nicholl, Austin, Sundance . . .

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                  Nicholl, Austin, Sundance . . .
                  Page.

Comment

Nicholl sends individualized emails, because they're a class act. I think Austin does too...?

Other top contests send a mass email saying where to find results, on or near the day they said they'd announce them.

Page even has an adorable animated awards ceremony online.

So yeah, it's normal for people who take your money to politely tell you that you've wasted it.

Comment

Every year someone has to complain about how this contest is run. If you don't like it, don't enter it. There are no steps to becoming a finalist; no semi-finalists, quarterfinalists, etc. Either you're a finalist or you're not. That's it. And if you are one, you'll get a call well before the public announcement.

Trackingb is absolutely above board and works hard for finalists, even well after the shine of being one has worn off. Something you can't say for other comps. And they have a proven track record of getting careers started.

Comment

I'm not saying it's a "bad" contest. If I thought it wasn't worthwhile I wouldn't have entered.

I'm just suggesting treating entrants a little less cavalierly.

Comment

That characterization of how the contest treats people is wrong. Good people run it and are not out to take your money. They truly want to help build your career. But if you're offended that you don't get a standardized rejection email, then so be it. That's your right.

Comment

I also think it's lousy. It's not just about saying you didn't win...it's promoting who did by sending it to all the entrants. I get that they are focused on promoting the winners but they miss out by not sending a blanket email to the entrants. I didn't even get a "hey, check out the winners"...that's all it needs to be, not individual "try again next year". A lot of people who enter work in the industry so why not promote it that way as well. Just makes sense. I like seeing who won, what the loglines are and the names that pop up on recurring lists. It's not hard, stop making it sound hard.

Comment

Yes, the bigger contests do send out mass rejection emails, but trackingb is a smaller contest. Blucat doesn't notify or Nantucket Film Fest and many others. Tracking b doesn't seem to be about promoting itself too much, so maybe that's why?

Comment

Working...
                              X