Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TrackingB pilot results?

I've always been notified by Bluecat, and at each different stage of the contest. I think it speaks volumes for the quality of TrackinB that you searched around for something that's just as bad - and then failed.
    Last edited by justin; 06-24-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I think they do say on their contest page they announce on-site. And in previous years, I remember getting an email response to my entry telling me they don't send emails, and announce on-site around a certain time. And they've always seemed to announce right around their planned time, which is more than I can say for many contests. They should send emails though -- Besides being a nice thing, it would help them promote themselves more than anything...

Comment

Originally posted by jsay View Post
        log-lines sound great... congrats to the finalists, and hope to see another Extant success story from one of them!

Congratulations to those finalists.

Is Extant still the only example of an unknown, non-repped writer breaking into the industry with a spec pilot script?

Comment

I was a quarter finalist and semi finalist in Bluecat this year, and I was never notified, not once, of my status along the way. A friend had to tell me the good news was posted online. So, I guess maybe we've had different experiences.

Comment

As a previous TrackingB finalist can vouch for this contest and the guy who runs it. He really does work his butt off to get your pilot set up and also to help you in your career. That said, I do think a simple email notification of results is a nice gesture to anyone who pays $75 to enter a contest.

Comment

Whoa alarmists. No one's saying it isn't a good or reputable contest. One of the reasons I entered it was the positive track record and excellent reviews from people who placed.

However, for the steep entry fee I am certain they could afford to have a freelancer draft a mass email with the finalist announcement for us entrants.

What's wrong with entrants having valid feedback in regards to contest operation? Not sure why some people are getting their underroos in a big ole' bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by BKDodger View Post
                Whoa alarmists. No one's saying it isn't a good or reputable contest. One of the reasons I entered it was the positive track record and excellent reviews from people who placed.

However, for the steep entry fee I am certain they could afford to have a freelancer draft a mass email with the finalist announcement for us entrants.

What's wrong with entrants having valid feedback in regards to contest operation? Not sure why some people are getting their underroos in a big ole' bunch.
                Seems like everyone here was just having a normal civil discussion about it.

Comment

congrats to the trackingb TV finalists who all got a rep out of this...nice to see!

If you're planning to submit to their feature contest, early deadline is July 26th, so might as well save money and do it by the 26th.

Comment

Working...
                  X