Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAGE Awards 2015

It's that time again! Time to bulk buy whisky and popcorn. Time to hang out here awaiting and discussing results.

So who else will be checking the results on Wednesday morning?
    "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Re: PAGE Awards 2015

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post
    It's that time again! Time to bulk buy whisky and popcorn. Time to hang out here awaiting and discussing results.

So who else will be checking the results on Wednesday morning?
    Me. Except I think I'll be afraid to look actually.

Comment

Last year, I made the semis with a short. This year, I submitted a sitcom pilot and two shorts, mostly to check my suspicion that last year was just a fluke. :-)

Comment

Well, I entered a pilot -- one that my manager refuses to read because he says it has no sales potential whatsoever. No matter how I beg, he says "no" and cautions me to focus on more "commercial" things. He also told me not to enter any more contests -- I did well in contests before but he says once you have a manager they're not really that useful.

So, like a teenager in the throes of rebellion, on impulse I entered my orphan pilot in Page without telling him. Part of me hopes it makes the quarters because then I can say, "See! I told you so" though I doubt that will change his mind in the least.

Another part of me will be glad when it doesn't make the quarters so he will ever know I trotted off and disobediently entered a contest.

It's fun to be among contestants though -- great camaraderie!

I wish you all great luck!

Comment

I'll be waiting, nervous and impatient. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

I decided to be frugal this year and submit only to Nicholl and the Meryl Streep Screenwriter's Lab. Sort of wishing I'd submitted to Page. Oh, well. Best of luck to all who entered.

Comment

The QF round is always the most anxious for me because it's the "if I don't make this cut I'll hang myself" round.

And I want to live.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
                The QF round is always the most anxious for me because it's the "if I don't make this cut I'll hang myself" round.

And I want to live.
                I'm positive I won't make the quarters so I'll start making the noose tonight.
                I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                  I'm positive I won't make the quarters so I'll start making the noose tonight.
                  Well, this sort of talk is patently ridiculous. Can you even hear yourselves? We are writers! We create reality by our key smashes and pen whips and warp it to our will! We MAKE worlds! Brave men cry and villains tremble to witness our wrath. Our forebearers are Hemingway and Fitzgerald, Joyce and Parker! We enter wastelands and leave cities in our wake!

We. Are. WRITERS.
                  So of course alcohol poisoning is *clearly* the way to go. How is this even a question?
                  "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

I'm hoping for good news with my family feature. I've never had a script place in PAGE though, even with ones that progressed pretty far elsewhere. So I'm just going to keep my expectations low so that it's a nice surprise if I make the first cut.

Comment

I'm admittedly naive, but I feel like writing a great script and logline is enough for someone valuable to read it, contest or not. That's what I tell myself, anyway.
                      Last edited by opie; 07-15-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

http://pageawards.com/past-winners/2...ter-finalists/

Comment

I'm in! Phew. Always a little hard to click the link once it's really there.

Comment

In with Sci-Fi! Congrats to the other Done Dealers who advanced. I did recognize a few names...

Late Night Writer

Comment

In with a drama/feature. This takes the sting out of the fact that someone sold a script with the same name this week...it's just a title, but still...titles are tough for me...Congrats to the others who made it in

Comment

Working...
                              X