Any January Sundance Labs Results out there?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any January Sundance Labs Results out there?

Anyone hear back from the Sundance Labs yet, yay or nay? They say you'll know by August 15, but I also know in the past they've sent out mailers, both positive and negative, early.

Let us know...

Re: Any January Sundance Labs Results out there?

Was chatting with a writer at a networking event last week who told me they just found out they made the third round for the episodic story lab. I was a little confused as from what I understand it's second rounders and then they announce the finalists? Just hope I'm still in the running!

Comment

In the same boat, haven't heard but thought it was August.

Comment

Waiting to hear back as well. Made it to the 2nd round two years ago and the email from them made my entire week. Hoping that happens again this year!

Comment

Originally posted by BKDodger View Post
          Was chatting with a writer at a networking event last week who told me they just found out they made the third round for the episodic story lab. I was a little confused as from what I understand it's second rounders and then they announce the finalists? Just hope I'm still in the running!
          These labs have a little known "interview round" between the 2nd round and announcing the finalists. So this is probably the 3rd round that the writer was talking about. John August and Craig Maizin had a guest on their podcast who talked about it. Let me find the episode -- It's this one:

http://johnaugust.com/2015/writing-f...t-living-there

Ryan Knighton. He attended the lab in 2008. In the middle of the podcast, he talks about going to LA to do the interview round for the lab. I think they do the interviews in October/early November for the January screenwriting lab.

For the episodic story lab, if this person has already moved to the next round and you didn't get a call, you might be out of luck.

Comment

I'll check it out. And yes, you may be right...after that post i looked at the faqs for episodic and it said "We will notify everyone of our final decision of the writers selected for the Lab by August 14, 2015". So if it's a final decision, i'm guessing you're right and they are doing the third round and will pick from that...makes sense and then they announce it once everyone is on board. Of course, the optimistic side of me says they are interveiwing one finalist a week, to pace themselves, and i'm still in the running. I wonder how many third rounders they pick, imagine it's a small number to get it down to 10.

Comment

A friend of mine just got her notification for the January screenwriters lab yesterday so they've began!

Comment

Might be the same person, but I also just found out that someone advanced.
                "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

My friend's script literally starts with the letter "A" so I'd like to think it'll be a while before they get through all their notifications since they tell you either way.

Comment

Originally posted by cakepoplover View Post
                    My friend's script literally starts with the letter "A" so I'd like to think it'll be a while before they get through all their notifications since they tell you either way.
                    The script by the person I know starts with B.

So all you folks with scripts in the Z's have a few more days to hope.

Since I also entered a "B" script I guess I'm SOL.
                    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Unless and until you get a no, there's still hope! Fingers crossed for you. And hey, it's Friday, they likely won't be sending out emails over the weekend so there's still time.

Mine starts with an "M" so the wait is the worst right now.

Comment

Anyone else getting any bites? The suspense is killing me!

Comment

Pass the popcorn. Although I have accepted that no call yet = no finals, there is still always that ray of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by bill the scholar
                            When I see your name 'Cake Pop Lover,' I keep thinking of a popsicle made of cake, even though I know that's not what it means.

What does this have to do with anything? Nothing. Nothing at all.

Now, back to the suspense!
                            LOL close enough. I'm a lover of just about anything cake-related but cake pops are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by BKDodger View Post
                              Pass the popcorn. Although I have accepted that no call yet = no finals, there is still always that ray of hope.
                              No News is better than Bad News so ray of hope it is!

Comment

Working...
                              X