Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood List

Bwahahahaha! Anyone doing this? Thoughts?
    Last edited by nativeson; 09-07-2015, 02:07 PM.

Re: Blood List

I won this last year and it was a huge career boost. Can post details if anyone wants to know.

Comment

Originally posted by RGF View Post
      I won this last year and it was a huge career boost. Can post details if anyone wants to know.
      Congrats, RGF!
      Would love to hear whatever you're willing to share about your experience.

Comment

Congrats!

Now post them details!
        "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

After winning they flew me to LA for 3 days and set me up with a bunch of meetings all over town. Producers, Managers, Studio Execs -- from places like Circle of Confusion, Relativity (before they went bankrupt), and many more. I ended up signing with my first manager about week after returning. Since that time the winning script has been making the rounds and is about to be optioned (like any day now). I may also be writing an assignment for a pair of producers based on their idea. The best part is that all the people I met down there were awesome, and we're now friends on Facebook. I have doors open for me that were never open before. And the contest also treated the 2nd and 3rd place winners really well too -- got them a bunch of meetings and I think one of their scripts is also in development. I've got nothing but good things to say about the contest -- understanding that my opinion is a little biased for obvious reasons.

Comment

After winning they flew me to LA for 3 days and set me up with a bunch of meetings all over town. Producers, Managers, Studio Execs -- from places like Circle of Confusion, Relativity (before they went bankrupt), and many more. I ended up signing with my first manager about week after returning. Since that time the winning script has been making the rounds and is about to be optioned (like any day now). I may also be writing an assignment for a pair of producers based on their idea. The best part is that all the people I met down there were awesome, and we're now friends on Facebook. I have doors open for me that were never open before. And the contest also treated the 2nd and 3rd place winners really well too -- got them a bunch of meetings and I think one of their scripts is also in development. I've got nothing but good things to say about the contest -- understanding that my opinion is a little biased for obvious reasons.
            "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Congrats, RGF. That's awesome!

Comment

Very cool, RGF

Comment

Sorry, we're talking about the Search For New Blood contest, right? Not the actual Blood List?
                  Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

That's awesome, RGF! I was a QF last year, even though my script wasn't really a horror. I entered a proper horror this year.

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                      X