Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholl Semifinalist script requests?

Hi! I heard the Nicholl List went out last week and was wondering how many script requests semifinalists are getting. This is the second year I haven't received ONE script request. Am I alone?

Thanks!!

Re: Nicholl Semifinalist script requests?

Also semifinalist, also have not gotten any script requests.

Comment

My understanding is that the Nicholl is not sending the lists to the press this year (other than the fellowship winners). I've read posts on social media suggesting that the Koller attention-grab has had this consequence, but I have no insider knowledge of that. Perhaps the fellowship winner's announcement will have a cascading affect when it happens.

EDIT: Even if there isn't a press release, the list that goes out in Mid-Oct should generate similar requests.
      Last edited by opie; 09-15-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

It's early. When I made the semis all of my requests came in after they sent out the logline list/post choosing the winners (mid-October i think?). i got a call about a month ago from a producer... off the QF list from last year. there is plenty of hope left. But honestly, the best cache, for me , was saying you made the semi finals of the Nicholl...use that when you query, put it on your website, etc. It's a big one. My opinion, don't wait for them to come to you- reach out to them.

Comment

Opie, I don't believe that is the case. My understanding is that the semi and quarterfinalist lists are going to be sent out to the 200+ industry people who normally get them. My understanding is that finalists will also be on that list.

FWIW, I have only received 2 requests for my finalist script so far. My guess is that the lists have not been sent out wide yet, although I could be wrong.

Late Night Writer

ETA: The list must have just gone out. I've received 2 more requests in the past hour.
          Last edited by LateNightWriter; 09-15-2015, 12:08 PM. Reason: New information

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic1 View Post
            It's early. When I made the semis all of my requests came in after they sent out the logline list/post choosing the winners (mid-October i think?). i got a call about a month ago from a producer... off the QF list from last year. there is plenty of hope left. But honestly, the best cache, for me , was saying you made the semi finals of the Nicholl...use that when you query, put it on your website, etc. It's a big one. My opinion, don't wait for them to come to you- reach out to them.
            +1

Comment

I guess I was nervous because last year I didn't get one request, and when I heard the list went out "The quarterfinal and semifinal lists have been distributed initially to about 200 companies" I thought well, there goes that.

Thanks for all your input!

Comment

Received one request yesterday for my quarterfinalist script.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

The list went out September 9th. I had one request come in (yesterday). Since the loglines are now going out with our script titles and genres, it could be that it makes it easier for companies to decide if they're interested before they contact us.

Comment

Originally posted by P-jay View Post
                    The list went out September 9th. I had one request come in (yesterday). Since the loglines are now going out with our script titles and genres, it could be that it makes it easier for companies to decide if they're interested before they contact us.
                    You're probably right. The first two years I placed in the Nicholl (2011/2012) my inbox was full w/ requests (leading to a handful of meetings, which was cool!), now that they include the logline, nothing. Guess I'll try something other than period dramas next year.

Comment

I got my first request Monday afternoon. I remember being inundated with requests for my QF script back in 2012, so having reached the SF this year I assumed the flood was about to start. When I didn't hear anything, I came here, only to find out the list went out a while ago. How disappointing...

Comment

I got a request last night and they mentioned my log-line so something went out somewhere with LL's on it. Must be an inside thing because I can't find anything online about it. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
                        We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

I was a QF and got 4 requests last week. Is this the first year they have included log lines?

Comment

Originally posted by scenes77 View Post
                            I was a QF and got 4 requests last week. Is this the first year they have included log lines?
                            I think they started including the loglines in 2013 (maybe 2014).

Comment

My manager reps one of this year's semifinalists and she just made a big sale from it. I can't provide any further details but I think it's going to be announced soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X