X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glantern2814
    replied
    Re: Writing Groups

@TMCan, where are you located? I found my group here in Raleigh on a google search.
    You can also check meetup to see if there are groups in your area. Also, the blacklist hosts mixers once a month in several major cities. Not a group per se, but a good way to network with other writers for some of the same things you'd join a group for.

Leave a comment:

• AnconRanger
    replied

fun to share stories with old folks. education type of thing, too.

Leave a comment:

• cakepoplover
    replied

Originally posted by TMCan View Post
    Oh man, do most groups charge?
    I've been in two writers groups before and neither charged, mainly because we all took turns hosting in our homes. If I were to join one that rented space, I'd be more than willing to pay. Doubt I'd ever pay for an online group unless there were no other options available.

Leave a comment:

• docgonzo
    replied

The one I'm in does, but that's because we rent out space.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBanks
    replied

some do, some don't. it's an investment in your career

Leave a comment:

• TMCan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CColoredClown
    replied

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
    yes, writing groups are common in screenwriting. maybe look on craigslist or if there is a local film festival connect with people through that?

also, our own Girl in Gray runs an online workshop that has open seats from time to time. it's a good way to trade pages and notes with other screenwriters if you're in a location where access to a group isn't available:

http://theafw.com/workshop/
    I'm a member of this workshop and cannot recommend it enough. It's filled with incredible writers and you'll benefit a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Zodraz
    replied

My first writers group was a MeetUp group

Leave a comment:

• JoeBanks
    replied

yes, writing groups are common in screenwriting. maybe look on craigslist or if there is a local film festival connect with people through that?

also, our own Girl in Gray runs an online workshop that has open seats from time to time. it's a good way to trade pages and notes with other screenwriters if you're in a location where access to a group isn't available:

http://theafw.com/workshop/

Leave a comment:

• TMCan
    started a topic Writing Groups

Writing Groups

I come from a novel writing background and in that community there were tons of in person and online writing groups. Places you can bounce ideas off of each other, find beta readers, show snippets for opinions, and just generally motivate each other.

Right now I am swimming alone in the world of script writing and was wondering if something similar to these groups were common in the industry? Where would one find them, especially if they aren't in LA?
Working...
X