No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PAGE International Screenwriting Awards 2016

Originally posted by purplenurple View Post
    BUT one thing I will say about you is that if you spend money on several contests a year then you would be lying if you did not hope/dream/ an ounce of belief that you will strike gold at some point. The objective for entering is not to make the quarterfinals or break out the finest wine over a semi final placement. if so then again I'm a lone in thinking like a sporting competition. The objective is to be discovered first and perhaps something to hang your hat on. place win then no one will care but maybe his family.
    Thank you for calling me a liar and taking my remarks completely out of context. You might find this hard to believe, but you might have derived some value in hearing about some of my experiences regarding a few of my contest-related accomplishments and accolades. However, I think you prefer to carry on with your own monologue, so I am completely done with this exchange... and I'm certainly done with you.

Comment

To everyone else:
      Apologies for getting slightly off-topic here.

Best of luck to everyone remaining in the competition... and a hats-off to the hard work by everyone at PAGE. Cheers.

Comment

Wow, okay then. Too be honest I never said anything that bad to deem your emotional response. Must of touched on something. It's like going on facebook and seeing someone's pictures and imagining they have it all together and they are the life of the party and then you get to know them and realize they don't go to the Bahamas everyday. They're life is no better then yours - just smoke and mirrors.

Acquaformosa, in my attempt to question a subject I'm at odds with I gave you a moment of frustration I didn't intend to. Often people deliver sarcasm on threads no matter the board/subject, but I'm not in this instance. I do not have an agenda other then wanting to know if things are on the up & up and sometimes I wonder. Am I wrong? No. Are you wrong? No. But in the end I don't want to be that guy that infuriates another person for having an opinion. Sorry. Since I did not enter the Page contest I should step out of this thread for people who want to read about Page.

Comment

Finals up! I'm in with an action script. Congrats to anyone else advancing.

Late Night Writer

Comment

I'm in with one in Family. Can't stop smiling.

Congrats to all.

Comment

Congrats, guys!
              "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Congratulations to everyone on here who placed or is still in the comp. I've been lucky enough to work full time as a writer for a few years now and you know what? It all started (in a roundabout way) thanks to placing in THIS contest. Your journey is your own folks. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
                  Finals up! I'm in with an action script. Congrats to anyone else advancing.

Late Night Writer
                  Congratulations, Late Night Writer. Fantastic writer and one of the best with notes! Good luck with the Grand Prize or Medal!

And a shout out to all the writers that made the Page Finals, congratulations and good luck to each of you.
                  "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Thanks FinalAct4! Fingers crossed for October.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Working...
                    X