No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 5 Screenplay Competitions to Date

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
    Is the Black List considered a "contest"? I have a script up that is considered a "top unrepresented screenplay" with an average rating of 8.3 (feel free to check it out).
    How do we check it out without your name or script title?

What happened with your "8", did you get interest from Agents, or Producers? How long are you keeping it up to get noticed?

I've had 4 downloads from non-readers on a "7" script, but nothing happened and I'm thinking an "8" might not be much different in results.

I'm thinking Hollywood isn't really looking for scripts, but if they are, there's too many contests for the actual number of scripts that would be needed.

Comment

One of the reasons why this is consistently of my favorite contests: http://www.tracking-board.com/introd...ition-mentors/

Comment

I'll throw my vote in for TrackingB for sure. I was a finalist, and it opened all kinds of doors for me back in the day. It landed me a lot of valuable meetings, and two reps I ended up signing with.

Comment

Not sure about all the readers at Austin, but they have contacted me to read in the past because I was a semi-finalist a few years ago. I would have gladly done it, except I've had other scripts in competition.

I guess, my point is even though I wasn't going to be paid, it was appealing to me to contribute my time and knowledge (many years as a writer and MFA from AFI) to the festival. Just don't want to discredit them because non-paid readers may be alumni or experienced volunteers.

Comment

Working...
          X