X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikeyP
    replied
    Re: Top 5 Screenplay Competitions to Date

Good post Figment. And definitely something to think about. I personally never really looked at contests as a way to make money, instead it was about helping me land an agent or manager or trying to make it far enough in a contest that my name and script were sent to, or seen by people who could help me make this writing thing a career. I tend to see those that don't offer money as a prize (or at least not a ton) tend to have better results. But hey, I'm also not faulting anyone for chasing cash either. Just my experience.

Leave a comment:

• figment
    replied

FYI -- Austin doesn't pay its readers. That might make a huge difference as to if that steep entry fee is worth it.

https://twitter.com/BittrScrptReadr/...27023642378244

Leave a comment:

• mikeyP
    replied

I think Nicholls, Page, Austin are still musts, but I think Launch Pad and Script Pipeline are the next best two. Simply based on results and opportuities, I think these 5 are the best in the game.

Slamdance and Trackingb have started to lose a lot of steam over the past few years, and places like Black List (fellowships) and Sundance (lab) have easily surpassed them with more opportunities, and results.

Bluecat, ISA, Scriptapalooza are still a bit too fringe, and don't have a lot of results to show for the time they've been at it.

But, just my 2 cents, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Kermet Key
    started a topic Top 5 Screenplay Competitions to Date

Top 5 Screenplay Competitions to Date

Hey all, I've not entered any contests in a while. I wanted to get a feel for the top contests today. Last I checked it was Nicholls, Page, Austin, Trackingb, and Slamdance. Has that changed? And what are the top 5 for genre writers?
Working...
X