Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Little Contest Paranoia For Ya

Uh oh, my radar is up... The Breakthrough Launchpad contest has a few "extra" features besides the initial script entry fee which by all means you can just simply do that. It has feedback. And it has a few odd money making categories like "sign on" in which if you pay 25 extra dollars your script will be considered for representation by 2 management companies (they listed the 2). Wouldn't placing or winning in a contest help that anyway? Why pay extra? They have the same thing with an "option" category in which a production company will option some person who plunked down the extra 25 dollars. Again, wouldn't this happen anyway if the script was good enough to be a finalist or 1st place? Why pay an extra fee for what the entry fee provides - that is, if good, the script would be considered by various agencies & production companies anyway. It's not like some management company or production company is going to sign someone whose script wasn't good enough to break out of the top 20 or 30 pile. Bottom line you have to have a great script to get noticed so in paying extra does it give you anymore chance of getting noticed? Smells funny to me. How about just entering the contest and getting in the top ten and getting signed traditionally instead of pay extra for certain considerations that won't happen if the script isn't awesome no matter what.

Comment

When I say "money making" categories I don't mean for the writer who is entering I mean for the contest people who have their hand out for something that should be in the entry fee.

Comment

Well heres what I can tell you - last year I entered competitions WITH feedback and placed in none. This year I entered WITHOUT feedback and placed in 4.

Comment

Working...
        X