Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin notification timeline

Still waiting on my one-hour pilot. I'm not expecting much, if anything. Best I've ever done is the second round. And I'm not entirely convinced that Austin really helps your career like the network fellowships or Nicholl.

Anyway, if one does make the semis, that means you're in contention to be a finalist, right?

Comment

That's right-- I think they announce the finalists (which for comedy and drama pilots, I think is Top 5 instead of Top 10) around the end of the month.

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
      as i understand it, everyone who is not a semifinalist, i.e., dinks and Second Rounders, gets an email/letter. if you're past the Second Round, you get a call
      Pretty sure this is right for the initial notifications, though some second rounders do eventually get called by the marketing department trying to convince them to go the festival.

Comment

Any reports of calls or emails going out today?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimbritt View Post
          Any reports of calls or emails going out today?
          i know a writer who received their semi-finalist call today

Comment

And I know of two writers who got the semis call today, so that's at least one more.

Also, @austinfilmfest just tweeted this today:

"We're still rolling out notifications over the next few days. Thanks for your patience as we get through all submissions!"

So that might mean they may not be done by tomorrow as originally scheduled...

Comment

That's excellent news!!

Comment

Got my email. Didn't advance *sigh* Good luck to everyone else.

Comment

Just got my dink email.

Comment

Just got a dink email too for my drama feature. Haven't heard about my other two but my drama was probably the strongest of the three I submitted.

I hope some of you guys have better news soon. I'll probably still go as I'm in Austin and some of my peeps are going for sure.

Comment

Has anyone else not heard back yet? I can't go through another day of obsessively checking my email

Comment

Here's the official list of Semifinalists and 2nd Rounders:

https://austinfilmfestival.com/submi...-sf-2rounders/

Comment

Originally posted by Zodraz View Post
                          Pretty sure this is right for the initial notifications, though some second rounders do eventually get called by the marketing department trying to convince them to go the festival.
                          Can confirm, I got my Second Rounder letter and email (the letter actually came before the email) early last week, then they called me on Sunday to see if I wanted to know "what it means to go to the festival as a Second Rounder."

Anyway, this was an early draft I submitted because I wanted a hard deadline, so I'm excited to see if it does better next year after a proper rewrite.

Comment

Anyone have any luck registering for the Second Rounder round table sessions?

By the time I tried (about 10:15) they were both already full.
                            "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post

if there is a Roundtable that you really know you want to attend, just go to the room ahead of time for the stand-by line. they almost always make room for additional folks (at least they did when i was a Second Rounder)

it's a bit of luck of the draw in either case because no matter which table you pick, they don't rotate panelists fast enough to get all of them to every table during the time allotted

Comment

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post

Nope. I'm in the same boat. Ironically, this year some of the general panels have the same or better info. Not so in the past. I feel so special (rolls eyes...).

Comment

Working...
                                X