Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Contest Update! Shore Scripts Announce 2016 Semi Finalists

    We are extremely proud to announce our 2016 Semi-Finalists. This year sees the recognition of a wider array of screenwriting talent than ever before, with the introduction of a new TV-Pilot award featuring alongside the acclaimed Feature and Short Script categories.

    We would like to offer huge congratulations to those writers who made it through, and to every writer who took part. You can read the full list of Semi-Finalists at http://www.shorescripts.com/2016s-semi-finalists/

    Signup today to get your free copy of Shore Scripts' Guide to Screenwriting Managers & Agents, UK and USA: https://www.shorescripts.com/signup/

    The Winners in each category will be announced on the 10th November.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

      Congrats!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

        After much deliberation, Shore Scripts are honoured to announce the Winners of 2016's Feature, Short Script, and TV-Pilot categories: http://www.shorescripts.com/2016s-winners/

        The 14 winning screenplays represent the best new screenwriting talent from around the globe. Shore Scripts was setup in 2012 to help emerging screenwriters break into the industry. 2016's competition saw a greater number of entries than ever before. We wish to extend a huge thanks to the writers and judges for their effort and dedication in this year's contest.

        The winning screenplays are currently with our roster of 35 Oscar & Bafta winning industry judges. They will vote and determine the order of our winners which will be announced on the 30th November.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

          Has anyone had experience with this contest? Just curious what your thoughts are? Did placing help give you traction as far as reps?

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

            Originally posted by Friday View Post
            Has anyone had experience with this contest? Just curious what your thoughts are? Did placing help give you traction as far as reps?
            Hi,
            I realise that you were probably looking for independent feedback on what Shore Scripts is all about. But in case it is of interest to you, you can check out our alumni success stories here https://www.shorescripts.com/alumni/
            Best wishes with your writing career.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

              Originally posted by shorelinescripts View Post
              Hi,
              I realise that you were probably looking for independent feedback on what Shore Scripts is all about. But in case it is of interest to you, you can check out our alumni success stories here https://www.shorescripts.com/alumni/
              Best wishes with your writing career.

              Thanks Shorelinescripts.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

                I know it always feels good to advance in a contest, but as a whole they wind up leading to nothing for most, even the winners. Is it possible that an agent or manager finds a script in a contest? I'm sure they have. I know the Nichol has launched a few nice careers. Contests can be a nice assessment of how what you're doing is working or not. If you advance, your story is doing some things right. The quality of writing you find in the contest world pales in comparison to the quality in the working industry. It all depends on what the entry fee is and what are you getting. Do they give notes? Does your script get walked in the door anywhere like an agency, studio, or production company?

                If you advance at the Nichol, you will be contacted by boutique agencies and small production companies that are willing to give you a free interview by reading the script. It gives you a shot to impress someone. I'm sure they are not most times, but what more can you ask for than opportunity?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

                  My thoughts exactly. It seems beyond the Nicholl and Austin, you're probably better off spending the money you would've spent on smaller contests on polishing your script and putting it on the Blacklist.

                  Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
                  I know it always feels good to advance in a contest, but as a whole they wind up leading to nothing for most, even the winners. Is it possible that an agent or manager finds a script in a contest? I'm sure they have. I know the Nichol has launched a few nice careers. Contests can be a nice assessment of how what you're doing is working or not. If you advance, your story is doing some things right. The quality of writing you find in the contest world pales in comparison to the quality in the working industry. It all depends on what the entry fee is and what are you getting. Do they give notes? Does your script get walked in the door anywhere like an agency, studio, or production company?

                  If you advance at the Nichol, you will be contacted by boutique agencies and small production companies that are willing to give you a free interview by reading the script. It gives you a shot to impress someone. I'm sure they are not most times, but what more can you ask for than opportunity?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

                    Originally posted by nguyensquared View Post
                    My thoughts exactly. It seems beyond the Nicholl and Austin, you're probably better off spending the money you would've spent on smaller contests on polishing your script and putting it on the Blacklist.
                    Just had to reply to you guys. Something that distinguishes Shore is that it's whole modus operandi is about getting the scripts to Producers, Agents and Managers. Page and Nicholl are great, but I am still sceptical as to whether they work as hard for as great a percentage of their entrants as we do. Check out our Alumni page to see what has happened to not only our Winners, but also those whose scripts we thought were good at the time and wanted others to know about. https://www.shorescripts.com/alumni/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

                      I'm not as familiar with shore scripts so I can't speak on behalf of those who've participated. I know that Scriptapalooza touts pushing their top scripts to producers and agents for a whole year. Shore looks like it also has a solid record for what it's offering. I guess the best advice is to look into reviews and do your due diligence.

                      Originally posted by shorelinescripts View Post
                      Just had to reply to you guys. Something that distinguishes Shore is that it's whole modus operandi is about getting the scripts to Producers, Agents and Managers. Page and Nicholl are great, but I am still sceptical as to whether they work as hard for as great a percentage of their entrants as we do. Check out our Alumni page to see what has happened to not only our Winners, but also those whose scripts we thought were good at the time and wanted others to know about. https://www.shorescripts.com/alumni/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X