Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

This morning the QFs were announced for Shore Scripts -- I was wondering if anybody else here had entered?

When I got representation a couple of years ago, it was through a read garnered after a Page finalist placement with one script and a BlueCat finalist placement with another and so, being "represented", I haven't entered any contests in awhile. However, my manager has declined to read a pile of my scripts despite my best efforts at pitching them, I thought I'd give the Shore Scripts contest a try.

I like contests that the biggest incentive isn't so much a cash prize, but that the scripts are sent to production companies and the judges.

Anyway, good luck to all those who entered and made it into the QFs!

Re: Shore Scripts Screenwriting Contest 2016

Hi Cooper,

Yes I entered this year's Shore Scripts this year and did make the Quarter finals. My best placement so far, so I'm hoping to go farther in the competition. Honestly though, I don't know how well considered this competition in the sea of screenwriting competitions. I don't think it's at the level of Nicholl or Page (can anyone advise?), but it seems that they have had many successes in the industry with past finalists so, fingers crossed.

Best of luck to everyone who entered.

Comment

In with two (entered three) They said this year's entries topped previous years (since 2012) and the top 6% made this cut - wonder how many entries they had?

Good luck to all and hope we're back in the semis!

Comment

top 6% made this cut - wonder how many entries they had?
        I did the math, for Features it looks like somewhere between 2600 and 2700 entries.

Comment

Thanks, MJG123. Needless to say, math is not my strong point.

As far as how Shore stacks up to other comps, what sold me on entering was the write-ups provided by previous years' winners who are from all over the world, their subsequent successes and the fine list of judges (who read and place the finalists in winning order) I've also read that Shore is on time with notifications. This is my first year entering Shore, but overall they just impressed me and hopefully they are just as impressed with my work!

Good luck to us all!

Comment

Right NL. It looks like they do have an impressive group of Industry people involved, but I keep asking myself, if it's that good, how'd I make the QF's...

Newbie insecurity. Anyway, best of luck to you.

Comment

I'm in with two pilots and a good friend is in with another. I'm enjoying the fact it doesn't look like it'll be too long a wait for the semis.
              "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Hey Nostalgia Lover,

Disregard my earlier post, it looks like math isn't my strong point either. If we're looking at about 6% of the entries, then the actual total # of entries for the Features category is about 2583, I think... If I did the math right.

Good luck!

Comment

Congrats to all who advanced! I'm also in with multiple entries. It's a credit to DD that the DD folks are so well represented

I, too, really like the short time period between the QFs, the Semis and the Finalists/Winners. It seems more exciting this way!

Good luck in the Semis!

Comment

Received a very thoughtful and unexpected quarterfinalist laurel "certificate" in my email this morning. Very appreciated.

I'm also appreciative that there are not huge gaps between notifications and winners will be announced soon. And that they match up scripts with appropriate industry folks looking for such scripts is another great bonus to entering this contest.

Shore really does aspire to help writers get produced!

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgialover View Post
                      Received a very thoughtful and unexpected quarterfinalist laurel "certificate" in my email this morning. Very appreciated.
                      You know, that delighted me too. Too many contests just take your entry fee... and that's the last you hear from them, even if you place in their early rounds. They leave it up to you to "check the website", though they do stick you on their emailing list for future services.

So far, Shore Scripts has been a class act (and reasonably priced to boot!).

Comment

I've entered a lot of contests through the years, all the top tiers and ones that have long disappeared, but I can honestly say that Shore is not only professionally administered, but they're going above and beyond with the personal touch which is also so very important (in my opinion) It's nice to be validated that I'm not (just) an entry fee.

Yes, they are a class act and affordable to boot! I thank DD that I saw Shore's listing and decided to look into this contest.

Comment

Thank you for the comments and very best wishes to you all :-)

Comment

Made it to the semi-finals with my TV pilot.
                            Lovely to get the email bright and early this morning.
                            Some places leave you waiting all day to find out so that was a welcome treat.
                            Be fantastic to make the top three as the judges and prod co's look great.
                            Best of luck everyone!

Comment

Congrats Paracellsus. I'm in too with a Feature screenplay. Best of luck to everyone who moved on.

Comment

Working...
                              X