Are there any television commercial competitions out there?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any television commercial competitions out there?

While driving home from the store today I had an awesome idea for a 30 second television commercial script that I 'd like to try to get out there. I did a quick google search and didn't find any recent TV commercial competitions.

If anyone on the board works in advertising / marketing, or has contacts into this medium and is familiar with this type of competition please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Are there any television commercial competitions out there?

I'm not sure but my father worked in commercial advertising for close to 30+ years and they did have their "Academy Awards" that were CLIO awards but those are for produced commercials.

Not sure what they would have for amateur commercials or "spec" type commercials. Someone should start something like that however.
    You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Comment

Originally posted by MJG123 View Post
      While driving home from the store today I had an awesome idea for a 30 second television commercial script that I 'd like to try to get out there. I did a quick google search and didn't find any recent TV commercial competitions.

If anyone on the board works in advertising / marketing, or has contacts into this medium and is familiar with this type of competition please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
      I'm not sure if they'll do it again (or have done it again) but a few years ago Frito-Lay had their own commercial competition for promoting new Dorito flavors. I'm pretty sure the winning commercials got real air time.

One of the guys I knew from a screenwriting message board was one of the winners. But you had to write it and film it.
      "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Is it the kind of idea you could convert into a sketch or a short? I think you'll find more possibilities for that.

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
          I'm not sure if they'll do it again (or have done it again) but a few years ago Frito-Lay had their own commercial competition for promoting new Dorito flavors. I'm pretty sure the winning commercials got real air time.

One of the guys I knew from a screenwriting message board was one of the winners. But you had to write it and film it.
          Unfortunately this year was the last year for that contest. (SOURCE).

I suggest paying attention to local business that promote a lot on local radio/TV. Car dealerships or the sorts. Contact their promotions department and say you're a writer and have seen their commercials and would love to pitch them an idea. Sounds plausible in my head.
          Last edited by Mpimentel; 12-30-2016, 02:27 PM.
          "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
          SUBTITLED
          Episode 1 (Beef pills)
          Episode 2 (African commercial)
          Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

Thank you all for your responses.

"Is it the kind of idea you could convert into a sketch or a short? I think you'll find more possibilities for that."

Yes omjs it could probably be filmed as a short but a very short-short. It's kind of a warm-hearted message type commercial where the company would advertise their name at the end (if you know what i mean), rather than with product placement throughout the commercial so it could be used for any type of product or even as a short.

Comment

Working...
            X