Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO Access

Anyone else trying to upload the application for this (through Film Freeway)?

I've tried three times and the little upload wheel just keeps spinning when I hit "add to cart and check out." I tried just "add to cart" without success. Is there a trick to this? Or is it just impossible because the application period is too short and the website is overwhelmed?

Late Night Writer

Re: HBO Access

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
    Anyone else trying to upload the application for this (through Film Freeway)?

I've tried three times and the little upload wheel just keeps spinning when I hit "add to cart and check out." I tried just "add to cart" without success. Is there a trick to this? Or is it just impossible because the application period is too short and the website is overwhelmed?

Late Night Writer
    Haven't looked into it yet (recovering from some medical stuff here - doing better but some days I've only got enough energy for work and a bite of dinner).

I did search for #HBOaccess on Twitter. It seems to be much less of a debacle, compared to last time.

/shame
    //made a lot of new writer Twitter friends by the light of that garbage fire
    "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

I think the 4-day window is the problem. There are probably thousands of writers trying to upload applications at once. I'll try again tomorrow. Or not.

Late Night Writer

Comment

I had no issues when uploading. The craziness from two years ago shouldn't be an issue this time around since it's being handled through Film Freeway but I'm sure the 4 day window still stresses their servers a bit. Maybe try a different browser?

Hope you get through today with no problem!

Comment

I had no problems submitting this evening. Hope it worked out for you.

Comment

Managed to apply, but my essays were dashed off and I don't remember them asking for a bio, only for a list of other awards won. So perhaps I overlooked something.

Either way, I'm okay with it. My medical stuff has been leaving me with almost no energy to spare after I put in my day at work. Getting some quality rewrites done on my pilot this week and waking up early enough to submit at all was a solid check in the 'win' column, for now.
            "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

You could do a bio or resume. Your choice.

Comment

Was able to finally upload it but like Willoughby I dashed off the essays. I had a houseguest and was trying to do too much at once. I wish I had taken the time prior to March 1 to find out what the application would require, but I didn't. Oh well. My bad. At least it was free.

Late Night Writer

Comment

They didn't post the essay questions ahead of time, so no worries.

Comment

Working...
                  X