Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WriteMovies Contest

What do you think? My radar sense is up a little.

Re: WriteMovies Contest

Diplomatic answer: Nicholl, Austin, Page, Final Draft (Big Break), Screencraft, Shore, WeScreenplay, and maybe a few others

Comment

I won their UK contest last year. They are always quick to respond, and I've gotten three rounds of development notes so far. They've also pitched my script to a couple of prodcos. While not having the prestige of Nicholl or Austin, I'd still say it's a worthwhile contest.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
        Diplomatic answer: Nicholl, Austin, Page, Final Draft (Big Break), Screencraft, Shore, WeScreenplay, and maybe a few others

You think FD's Big Break is really a good one?

Comment

Final Draft Big Break win will get you attention.
          And being a genre winner will get you invited to a really fun party (in addition to cash and swag).
          But, industry attention for one of seven feature category winners still hinges, I think, on genre and logline etc. Period/historical win for "Freedom Fort" resulted in zero interest from managers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
            Final Draft Big Break win will get you attention.
            And being a genre winner will get you invited to a really fun party (in addition to cash and swag).
            But, industry attention for one of seven feature category winners still hinges, I think, on genre and logline etc. Period/historical win for "Freedom Fort" resulted in zero interest from managers etc.
            Dude, pitch that puppy through VPF. But get on it before this year's new FD winners (re: bias against perceived *stale* material).

Comment

Working...
            X