Page

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Page

    Quarterfinalists are up.

    PAGE, could you share how many entries there are this year and also do you have category breakdowns?

    Thank you and congratulations to all!

    https://pageawards.com/past-winners/...rterfinalists/

  • #2
    Re: Page

    .
    Last edited by boobtubenewb; 10-08-2018, 06:38 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Page

      Thank you, Boobtubenewb

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Page

        Made it into the QFs with an action script. First time as a QF in Page. Congrats to everyone else who made the first cut!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Page

          From a May email:

          "A total of 6,364 scripts were entered in this year's contest...

          Here are the number of submissions we received in each of our genre categories this year: Action/Adventure: 846
          Comedy: 1218
          Drama: 1486
          Family Film: 455
          Historical Film: 435
          Science Fiction: 533
          Thriller/Horror: 908
          Short Film: 429
          TV Drama Pilot: 822
          TV Comedy Pilot: 487


          (PLEASE NOTE: Some scripts were submitted in more than one category; therefore, the total number of submissions listed above is greater than the total number of scripts entered in the contest.)"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Page

            Made it in with a Sci-Fi script. Good luck to everyone else that made it!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Page

              Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
              From a May email:

              "A total of 6,364 scripts were entered in this year's contest...

              Here are the number of submissions we received in each of our genre categories this year: Action/Adventure: 846
              Comedy: 1218
              Drama: 1486
              Family Film: 455
              Historical Film: 435
              Science Fiction: 533
              Thriller/Horror: 908
              Short Film: 429
              TV Drama Pilot: 822
              TV Comedy Pilot: 487


              (PLEASE NOTE: Some scripts were submitted in more than one category; therefore, the total number of submissions listed above is greater than the total number of scripts entered in the contest.)"


              Thanks, Clintw3.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Page

                How many semi-finalists are there? And how many in each category?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Page

                  Originally posted by Friday View Post
                  How many semi-finalists are there? And how many in each category?
                  I'm pretty sure each category has 25 semifinalists. You can check out past QF, SF, and finalist lists on their site.
                  "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Page

                    https://pageawards.com/past-winners/2016-winners/

                    Scroll to the bottom for the links to the quarters, etc. for last year.

                    Yes, 25 semis to each category as Willoughby said.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Page

                      Originally posted by Nostalgialover View Post
                      https://pageawards.com/past-winners/2016-winners/

                      Scroll to the bottom for the links to the quarters, etc. for last year.

                      Yes, 25 semis to each category as Willoughby said.
                      So if there's roughly 50 scripts remaining in the SF category and 25 semifinalists, I have a 50% chance of making it!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Page

                        Originally posted by Willoughby View Post
                        I'm pretty sure each category has 25 semifinalists. You can check out past QF, SF, and finalist lists on their site.

                        Originally posted by Nostalgialover View Post
                        https://pageawards.com/past-winners/2016-winners/

                        Scroll to the bottom for the links to the quarters, etc. for last year.

                        Yes, 25 semis to each category as Willoughby said.
                        Cool. Thanks guys.

                        What do you think the judges were looking at that distinguished the quarter finalists from the rest? What round do reps and producers start paying attention?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Page

                          Originally posted by Friday View Post
                          Cool. Thanks guys.

                          What do you think the judges were looking at that distinguished the quarter finalists from the rest? What round do reps and producers start paying attention?
                          I've previously been in the quarterfinals, semis, and a finalist. Reps didn't seem to have any interest until I was a finalist.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Page

                            Originally posted by briking View Post
                            I've previously been in the quarterfinals, semis, and a finalist. Reps didn't seem to have any interest until I was a finalist.
                            Hmm, thanks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Page

                              Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
                              From a May email:

                              "A total of 6,364 scripts were entered in this year's contest...

                              Here are the number of submissions we received in each of our genre categories this year: Action/Adventure: 846
                              Comedy: 1218
                              Drama: 1486
                              Family Film: 455
                              Historical Film: 435
                              Science Fiction: 533
                              Thriller/Horror: 908
                              Short Film: 429
                              TV Drama Pilot: 822
                              TV Comedy Pilot: 487


                              (PLEASE NOTE: Some scripts were submitted in more than one category; therefore, the total number of submissions listed above is greater than the total number of scripts entered in the contest.)"

                              Sorry it's taken me a while to discover this thread. Thanks to Clint for posting this reply!

                              Our system may seem a bit confusing, I know... To clarify, we always advance approximately the top 10% in each category (including tie scores) to the Quarter-Finals. So, because some scripts are entered in multiple categories, roughly the top 13% of scripts entered in the contest actually end up advancing to the QFs. (6364/821)

                              Bottom line, at this stage of the contest we want to give our QF Judges the chance to review as many promising scripts as possible, and we want to give as many writers as possible a shot at advancing to the Semi-Finals.

                              Hope that makes sense!

                              Best regards,
                              Jen

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X