Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Film Festival 2017

Has anyone received a letter from AFF yet?

Just curious.

Thanks.

Re: Austin Film Festival 2017

No letter yet. I thought they were going out mid-September ?

Good luck to all who entered.

Comment

No, but this is the day - the Thursday before Labor Day - they started contacting people last year.

Last year I worked from home and had to keep my cell turned on, just in case, despite the fact it rings multiple times a day - sometimes per hour - for no reason. This year, I'm in an office job. I thought, aha! I'll avoid the cell drama by giving them my office number!

However, I had to re-buy my site domain a few days ago and apparently now when you buy/register a domain you get inundated with emails and calls from designers. Guess which number I put on the paperwork?

/an oddly high number of them call from Texas, too
      "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgialover View Post
        No letter yet. I thought they were going out mid-September ?

Good luck to all who entered.
        That's their stated deadline to get in touch, but they often start the process by Labor Day.
        "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Are less Done Dealers entering contests this year? I noticed that the contest pages were most active from 2009 to 2013, but is relatively quiet this year.

Comment

I entered and am waiting to hear back also.

Comment

They announced today that notifications will go out next week.

However, in past years, AFF contacted the semifinalists in some categories (ex. the AMC drama pilot category) early because they needed additional release forms. Not sure if they did that again this year, but if they did, it would have been in mid-to-late August.

Either way, we should hear sometime next week.

Comment

Last edited by docgonzo; 09-05-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

So, it's been confirmed. The AMC drama semifinalist were called two weeks ago, and the other calls have started, at least in the feature drama and short categories. No idea about the other categories, but I imagine the calls will come soon.

GL everyone!

Comment

Anybody know if Semifinalists or Finalists get discounted or free passes/badges to AFF?

Comment

Even second rounders get steeeeep discounts. I'm waiting this year. But the flip side of that strategy (waiting to buy) is you miss most of the advanced sign-ups😂

Comment

Do you know what the discounts are? The website only lists a $50 discount for any entrants.

Comment

It's pretty massive. I'm sure I saved at least $150 on a producer badge last year. And that's the badge you want, BTW. Gets you into most of the events.

Comment

That's pretty good. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreenRider View Post
                              Do you know what the discounts are? The website only lists a $50 discount for any entrants.
                              From AFF website:

Finalists in All Categories Receive: one complimentary Producers Badge to attend the Austin Film Festival and Conference (value $675).

All Semifinalists may purchase a Producer’s Badge at the discounted price of $200.
                              Last edited by ClintW3; 09-08-2017, 12:33 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

Working...
                              X