• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TigerFang
    replied
    Re: ScreenCraft Family-Friendly Contest

Originally posted by socalwriter1 View Post
    Does this contest have enough credibility/exposure in the industry to warrant getting into? I know it's not a top-tier contest and I read the previous thread re: their comedy contest vs. Page but since I write in this family genre, I had to ask.

Thanks.
    Go for it. In any contest, you've nothing to lose (but the entry fees) and everything to gain, IMHO. Perhaps try to think of it as having the confidence in yourself that your writing stands out from the thundering pens of the herd of neophyte screenwriters.

Leave a comment:

• LateNightWriter
    replied

I won first prize in this contest last year and, from my contact with the contest organizers and one of the judges, I can say it's a contest run with integrity. They genuinely do their best to open doors for writers. The sad fact is, no contest is going to give you a golden ticket. It's just not a great market for spec scripts these days. And just placing in the QFs, SFs or finals probably won't do much more for you other than personal validation. You have to win a prize.

Late Night Writer

Leave a comment:

• asteven50
    replied

I placed runner up in a screencraft contest and it opened a bunch of doors for me and got me signed @ Kaplan/Perrone. I just did a panel with a bunch of other screencraft winners and finalists, all of whom have secured reps and made tons of connections as a direct result of their placement. Of course it's a crap shoot just like all contests but the guys at screencraft are really talented and well-connected. Just my two cents.

A

Leave a comment:

• NoNeckJoe
    replied

Unfortunately, I would say no. If you won it outright, they might be kind enough to send it to a few people, but short of that, reps, execs, and producers aren't going to care at all. And even if you win, it isn't going to be a real difference maker.

I would stick to the Nicholl and maybe a few other big contests, since a niche contest like this is basically a lottery ticket with a very small payout if you happen to take home the prize. Pass.

Leave a comment:

• socalwriter1
    started a topic ScreenCraft Family-Friendly Contest

ScreenCraft Family-Friendly Contest

Does this contest have enough credibility/exposure in the industry to warrant getting into? I know it's not a top-tier contest and I read the previous thread re: their comedy contest vs. Page but since I write in this family genre, I had to ask.

Thanks.
Working...
X