• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• docgonzo
    replied
    Re: Imagine-Impact boot camp

Originally posted by Friday View Post
    What do you think the competition was like for this contest? Tougher than Nicholl, Page and Austin Film Festival?
    There were over 4,000 entries this year. I'm not sure of the exact number.

Leave a comment:

• Friday
    replied

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
    this is not an amateur competition. it's a competition for professionals. that's why they can pay you $40,000 for 8 weeks of work.

Austin, Nicholl and Page are all aspiring/amateur writing competitions. they have minimums that you cannot have been paid in order to qualify as a "non-pro." the winners are ones that are writing at or close to the professional level.

it's a different animal all together.

with Impact you are competing with working writers in the industry. some newer than others and some accomplished. you cannot compare it to something like the Nichol which is basically for aspiring writers.

if you read the bios on some of the Impact 1 candidates you'll see what i mean.

this program is a way to change the development process and connect writers with industry professionals that can make their projects realized. One of the Impact 1 candidates tweeted, "to all professional writers..."

the competition is incredible.

So I guess writers that did well in the big 4 or 5 competitions, but weren't the overall winner will still have a hard time cracking the Imagine Impact? Nicholl, Austin and Page may be amateur, but the competition is still pretty fierce. It seems like the same dedicated writers are entering those contests. That's why you see the same usual suspects that place in the upper echelon of those contests.

Leave a comment:

• finalact4
    replied

What do you think the competition was like for this contest? Tougher than Nicholl, Page and Austin Film Festival?
    this is not an amateur competition. it's a competition for professionals. that's why they can pay you $40,000 for 8 weeks of work.

Austin, Nicholl and Page are all aspiring/amateur writing competitions. they have minimums that you cannot have been paid in order to qualify as a "non-pro." the winners are ones that are writing at or close to the professional level.

it's a different animal all together.

with Impact you are competing with working writers in the industry. some newer than others and some accomplished. you cannot compare it to something like the Nichol which is basically for aspiring writers.

if you read the bios on some of the Impact 1 candidates you'll see what i mean.

this program is a way to change the development process and connect writers with industry professionals that can make their projects realized. One of the Impact 1 candidates tweeted, "to all professional writers..."

the competition is incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Friday
    replied

Leave a comment:

• finalact4
    replied

they're done.

emails went out with a video.

keep heading forward...

best of luck to everyone that has an interview. rock it!

Leave a comment:

• Friday
    replied

It was at 11 as of last Thursday....so that means...hmm, not even sure how their process works. Either everyone has already received their notifications and are looking for slots or they are still narrowing down. And are the remaining spots tv or feature?

Leave a comment:

• finalact4
    replied

here's the reddit... https://www.reddit.com/user/Flip_Fandango from 3 hours ago. thinking 8 slots were left.

man, i can't even imagine what they're going through with all the entrants. if 1% is 50 candidates that means the applications are about 5,000

man, i sure hope they get a break, but probably not because of the next step is interviews.

they are seriously dedicated to their mission. gotta respect that.

Leave a comment:

• Bfin
    replied

I checked and the rejection email for Impact 1 was received at 6:42 PM PST.

They could be waiting on Ron or Brian to do a message like last time.

Leave a comment:

• Friday
    replied

Maybe there are a lot of people on the bubble they have to decide between. Different members of the team might have differences of opinion on who they like better.

Leave a comment:

• Believer
    replied

Agree! If that's indeed the issue. Would love to know how many applied. I'm sure all the ones who just missed it last time were back. Probably will get exponentially harder with each session.

Leave a comment:

• Bfin
    replied

Originally posted by Believer View Post
    Nope. Approx an hour ago someone posted on Reddit they got an interview and at that time 8 slots were left.
    Wow, you think they'd just interview more people if it's that tough to narrow it down.

Leave a comment:

• Believer
    replied

Nope. Approx an hour ago someone posted on Reddit they got an interview and at that time 8 slots were left.

Leave a comment:

• Kmark100
    replied

It's almost 9PM eastern and still no email or notification....? Anyone else...?

Leave a comment:

• Friday
    replied

Originally posted by Bfin View Post
    I think it's likely they do it by category: Films, TV Hour, TV Half Hour.
    Thanks. Since a few people with tv samples said they were contacted last week, I wonder what the remaining slots are for.....if they haven't all been contacted already.

Leave a comment:

• Bfin
    replied

Just curious. Is it like the NFL Draft where they contact their top picks first and work their way down? Or is the order in which they contact the finalists just random?
    I think it's likely they do it by category: Films, TV Hour, TV Half Hour.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X