No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imagine-Impact boot camp

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
    Why is it cruel? As a general rule, contests notify finalists before the rejections go out, and may ask for radio silence from them. That happened when I was a finalist in Austin. Nothing that anyone can do about it, and tagging them on Twitter is an exercise in futility. Those folks need to chill the **** out.
    No doubt. They just set the precedent of being super communicative through the process and then just suddenly went silent. Their perogative of course.

Comment

the website mentioned that the first round, ie writers chosen to be interviewed would be notified the 19th.

as Lauri said, i also saw something about the 20th.

last round they had the top 50 that were interviewed before making the final decision. that came from someone who was in the top 50 and had an interview.

well, i guess nothing wrong with an early acceptance of the rejection to come...
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by Believer View Post
        Impact is being a little cruel not clearing the air either way. They've been getting tagged left and right on Twitter.
        Agree. They set such a high standard last time for communication, that our expectations are equally high, even while we acknowledge that they owe us nothing more than an email on the 19th/20th.

I'm struggling to picture fifty people getting interview emails and not a single confirmation outside of the Reddit post. It's literally the equivalent of Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket. Still, I'm inclined to believe the post because that poster had been mostly on track with other notifications and the timings matched up. Add in the drama that they immediately deleted their account when it went viral!

Oh well, only a few more hours of torture left!

Comment

They just sent this to everyone:

All applicants will hear back regarding the status of their application by the end of Monday, February 25th!

We want to make sure we take the utmost care in considering every single application we received, so to do so, we are continuing to read (and re-read) scripts and applications this week.

Notifications regarding interviews are going out on a rolling basis up until next Monday.

Comment

so it appears some of the interview requests are rolling out now, but they're waiting until Monday 25th to let everyone know.

curious...

Congratulations to those who have interviews!
            Last edited by finalact4; 02-19-2019, 12:04 PM.
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Fine by me! Just happy to know there is still a chance.

Comment

So got a notification from them today!!! Everybody gets to wait another week! Lmao

Comment

Has anyone been notified yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Kmark100 View Post
                    Has anyone been notified yet?
                    So far, it's been reported that invites went out a week ago Friday and again on Thursday just gone. I've yet to hear of any other reports.

Comment

According to this post, as of yesterday or so there's 11 slots left.
                      https://www.reddit.com/r/Screenwriti...DQ&sh=01d58949

Comment

Originally posted by Believer View Post
                        According to this post, as of yesterday or so there's 11 slots left.
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/Screenwriti...DQ&sh=01d58949
                        The person who posted saying there were 11 slots left got the email Thursday.

Comment

Just curious. Is it like the NFL Draft where they contact their top picks first and work their way down? Or is the order in which they contact the finalists just random?

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                            Just curious. Is it like the NFL Draft where they contact their top picks first and work their way down? Or is the order in which they contact the finalists just random?
                            I think it's likely they do it by category: Films, TV Hour, TV Half Hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Bfin View Post
                              I think it's likely they do it by category: Films, TV Hour, TV Half Hour.
                              Thanks. Since a few people with tv samples said they were contacted last week, I wonder what the remaining slots are for.....if they haven't all been contacted already.

Comment

It's almost 9PM eastern and still no email or notification....? Anyone else...?

Comment

Working...
                                X