replied
    Re: Austin 2018

Hey, congrats, Wenonah! Well done!

Leave a comment:

• gregbeal
    replied

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
    congrats, Wenonah! now one of two (i think) winners of both Austin and the Nicholl in the same year
    Congrats to Wenonah.

Not sure of the exact number but there are at least five same year Austin/Nicholl winners:

Max Adams 1994 (with different scripts)
    Jeff Williams 2009
    Andrew Lanham 2010
    Dion Cook 2011
    Wenonah Wilms 2018

Couldn't find an all-time list of Austin winners to check for others. These I remembered.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBanks
    replied

congrats, Wenonah! now one of two (i think) winners of both Austin and the Nicholl in the same year

unrelated, a shout out to Jeff Lowell for his panel with the Wibberleys on breaking in to the business. even though i've heard all the advice many times before, they gave it in such an entertaining way that I enjoyed hearing it one more time

Leave a comment:

• wenonah
    Guest replied

yeah... got home after midnight last night dragging that heavy thing through the airport. What a crazy fun weekend. I honestly can't believe it's me right now.

Leave a comment:

• acquaformosa
    replied

Well, Wenonah... should I tell them or you?

Tell ya what... I won't spoil the surprise and I know you need some recovery time from the Austin weekend, so perhaps we can treat that question as a cliffhanger, though many likely already know the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• wenonah
    Guest replied

Haha! I will keep my ears open for either my name or a hissy fit in my immediate area. Looking forward to celebrating and meeting and eating!

W

Leave a comment:

• acquaformosa
    replied

Originally posted by wenonah View Post
    Congrats to you, Molly and yes I'm going to the conference, please find me! I'll be the one in the corner pinching herself. I can't freaking believe it... honestly I feel completely lucky to have this year. It's like a dream. I'm pretty happy. I also got repped by UTA in the past couple days.

Wenonah
    Great news, Wenonah.

I'll find you somewhere in the corner or just call out your name at the Driskill. If we don't meet up somewhere along the way at Austin, just know that I'll throw a big hissy fit.

Leave a comment:

• nativeson
    replied

Congrats, Y'all

Leave a comment:

• wenonah
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Molly Maguire View Post
    Congrats on signing with UTA. It's such a relief when you finally pick a rep you mesh with, right?! Takes a whole layer of stress off, especially if you're not in LA and have to fly in for business. Cramming in five or six meetings a day can be a logistical nightmare if you don't have somebody coordinating your itinerary. Plus you have someone who has instant access to what projects are in development and what certain companies are looking for, so you don't waste time writing something nobody will want.

-Mol

It's like an expert juggler has stepped in and taken all these air born chainsaws away from me. It's amazing.

W

Leave a comment:

• Molly Maguire
    replied

Congrats on signing with UTA. It's such a relief when you finally pick a rep you mesh with, right?! Takes a whole layer of stress off, especially if you're not in LA and have to fly in for business. Cramming in five or six meetings a day can be a logistical nightmare if you don't have somebody coordinating your itinerary. Plus you have someone who has instant access to what projects are in development and what certain companies are looking for, so you don't waste time writing something nobody will want.

Hope your winning streak continues and I get to cheer and clap when they call you up to accept your bronze typewriter.

-Mol

Leave a comment:

• wenonah
    Guest replied

Congrats to you, Molly and yes I'm going to the conference, please find me! I'll be the one in the corner pinching herself. I can't freaking believe it... honestly I feel completely lucky to have this year. It's like a dream. I'm pretty happy. I also got repped by UTA in the past couple days.

I love you guys and thank you so much for the support.

Watching Wind river was actually a pretty big turning point for me while writing this script so that's so cool you live out that way.

Good luck to the rest of the finalists and semifinalists and whoever is going, I hope to meet you.

Wenonah

Leave a comment:

• cvolante
    replied

CONGRATULATIONS!

Leave a comment:

• Molly Maguire
    replied

Got the good news that Ticker advanced to the finals in the AMC Drama Teleplay category and also made the finals of the Josephson Entertainment Screenwriting Fellowship.

And MASSIVE CONGRATS to Wenonah for Horsehead Girls being a finalist as well! I hope you're going to the festival - would really love to meet you and hang out at the fest. I can totally relate to your writing journey. Went down that same long and winding path myself. My writing partner and I live in a tiny town in Wyoming surrounded by the Wind River Reservation.

I haven't been to the AFF since 2005 (lucky enough to win the feature category that year with The Education of Kady) and I'm SOOOOO looking forward to going back.

Leave a comment:

• Friday
    replied

Originally posted by boobtubenewb View Post
    A friend sat with Chris Emerson from Magnet and he was apparently freely giving out his email address telling everyone to submit anytime saying they'd met him there.

Oh. That's cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X