Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueCat -- Congrats Jai!

Congrats to Jai Brandon for moving on to the quarter-finals of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition with his feature HAVENWOOD. I was fortunate enough to have my feature selected, as well.

Any other Done Dealers?

Re: BlueCat -- Congrats Jai!

That is brilliant, well done both of you, fingers crossed for further advancement.

Comment

Thanks for the shoutout, kidd! What's your script about? And thanks derek!
      FADE IN:
      PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
      NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Thanks, Derek!

Jai, here's the logline for my project:

On the Crow Reservation in Montana, a young man strives to make a name for himself by completing the four tasks required to become a War Chief. The only problem is, he isn't sure who the enemy is and who he should be fighting.

What's Havenwood about, if you don't mind sharing? Keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you (and me) next Tuesday.
        Last edited by kidd44; 04-05-2019, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kidd44 View Post
          Thanks, Derek!

Jai, here's the logline for my project:

On the Crow Reservation in Montana, a young man strives to make a name for himself by completing the four tasks required to become a War Chief. The only problem is, he isn't sure who the enemy is and who he should be fighting.

What's Havenwood about, if you don't mind sharing? Keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you (and me) next Tuesday.
          The premise sounds interesting! Native Americans are mostly portrayed as savages in film, so it's cool to get something different.

Havenwood is a horror, probably the only one I'll ever write. An earlier draft of the script was actually a semifinalist in Screencraft's 2018 horror competition. I strengthened the story and submitted to Bluecat, Screencraft Fellowship, and Specscout - first time ever paying more than $150 for notes, but I liked that it came from 3 different sources. Specscout shot me out of the clouds, I only scored a 62.5 and all three readers passed We'll see what happens with Bluecat and Screencraft. Good luck with your script as well!

Logline: After a battered woman flees an abusive boyfriend overnight, she and her children encounter an all new evil while hiding out in a patron's secluded vacation house.
          FADE IN:
          NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

congrats to both of you, well done and good luck!
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Way to go, Jai!!!
              Havenwood advanced to the semis!

Comment

Way to go, Jai!!!
                Havenwood advanced to the semis!
                Many thanks, I see we’ve both advanced to that top 3%! Here’s to hoping the finals are in the cards as well
                And thanks, Lisa!
                FADE IN:
                NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Jai,

I'm pulling for you! Will keep a good thought for Havenwood to advance to the finals.

Kidd44

Comment

Jai,

I'm pulling for you! Will keep a good thought for Havenwood to advance to the finals.

Kidd44
                    Same here, my man. It's fun to have a rooting interest in a script other than your own! I got the ScreenCraft results back today - roughly 250 scripts advanced to the QFs (top 10% of 2500), but Havenwood wasn't one of them. I was surprised, even had a newer, stronger draft just about ready to go, but I can't say I was shocked. I don't think any subjective judging can shock me anymore. I've still got Bluecat to cling onto!
                    FADE IN:
                    NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Just now seeing this ...

Congratulations to kidd and to Jai.

I do not know kidd (sorry if I have just forgotten!), but I know that Jai has been working on his craft for several years.

Good luck to both of you.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Thanks, Comic Bent. I'm not proud of it, but I'm the guy who used to get into spats with Cyfress in the past. Hopefully we're both on to bigger and better things.

Comment

HUGE congrats to kidd44 for making the finals of BlueCat!
                          FADE IN:
                          NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Thanks, Jai!

I really enjoyed reading HAVENWOOD and I'm sure you'll go far with it!

Comment

Thanks, Jai!

I really enjoyed reading HAVENWOOD and I'm sure you'll go far with it!
                              Thanks, man! Now go and win that $10,000! 😁
                              FADE IN:
                              NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Working...
                              X