No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Franklin Leonard

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
    It's still there. He correctly spelled out "eight" while I incorrectly used the numeral.
    I prefer the numeral... always... and I'll use it every time. A number isn't a word.

That's the way my dyslexic/OCD brain sees it: It's "1" not "one"... I don't care what any writer snob says, I'm writing it as "1." I get what the rule is, but I'm gonna ignore it so that it LOOKS correct to my brain.

ps... No one's ever complained about my numbers. "Bruh, it should be "one" not "1." My response would be "HAHAHA! Fukk off. Not happening! What's your next note?"
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
      I prefer the numeral... always... and I'll use it every time. A number isn't a word.

That's the way my dyslexic/OCD brain sees it: It's "1" not "one"... I don't care what any writer snob says, I'm writing it as "1." I get what the rule is, but I'm gonna ignore it so that it LOOKS correct to my brain.

ps... No one's ever complained about my numbers. "Bruh, it should be "one" not "1." My response would be "HAHAHA! Fukk off. Not happening! What's your next note?"
      Welcome back, Gucci. I was getting worried about you.
      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
        Welcome back, Gucci. I was getting worried about you.
        Ha! Thanks! Was just moving. Previous to that it was my birthday, so I split town for a week to party.

Comment

Originally posted by DaltWisney View Post
          My competition is Fitzgerald, Shakespeare, and Homer.

And honestly, they need to step up their game. It's been a while since they wrote anything on my level.
          Homer is more my level, drinks beer, watches TV, is late to work, has a strange boss, etc. I don't know about those other two guys.
          Free Script Reads and Notes

​
          ​

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post

Agreed. Tho, sometimes you might prefer the actor to say "twenty-twenty," some dipshit might mess it up and say, "two-thousand-twenty." haha.

Welcome back and Happy ****ing Birthday, dude.
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
              I guess he took it out as 8 kids means nothing to me...
              4 boys, than four girls.

(I'm trying not to be offensive to anyone.)
              "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

And saying that story "quick" was just not in the cards.

I guess I like words, lots and lots and lots of them, too much.

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                  4 boys, than four girls.

(I'm trying not to be offensive to anyone.)
                  I somehow don't see eight in original post. It's like when they ask you how many T's are int he sentence and there are 6 and I can only see 4.

So you're 1 out 8 kids? Or you have 8 kids?

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                    Agreed. Tho, sometimes you might prefer the actor to say "twenty-twenty," some dipshit might mess it up and say, "two-thousand-twenty." haha.

Welcome back and Happy ****ing Birthday, dude.
                    LOL... True!

And fukkin BIG THANKS for the B-day wishes!

Comment

I somehow don't see eight in original post. It's like when they ask you how many T's are int he sentence and there are 6 and I can only see 4.
                      That's why I prefer 8. I'll read right past eight.

Comment

I still can't find it. It's amazing.

Comment

I still can't find it. It's amazing.

"An hour later I got a call to install a new phone system as the lead telephone tech, at a military base in California. Six-thousand a month, plus overtime for a year contract. With eight kids, I had to take it. Since I was able to get my brother to work with me, I suggested another screenwriter to the doctor."

This is scary, you're reminding me of me.

Comment

I didn’t see it. It’s so weird!! My god if you’re not writing about having 8 kids then what are you writing???

Comment

I didn’t see it. It’s so weird!! My god if you’re not writing about having 8 kids then what are you writing???
                              There's some of them in everything I write. (And my wife, who has put up with me for thirty-seven years.)

In fact my oldest daughter will probably be a whole lot better writer than I am. I remember when she was about eight or nine, she told me a war story wasn't about war it was about people in a war.

I read a lot of amateur scripts at the time (not saying mine were pro), but it was amazing how many twenty-year-olds couldn't understand that simple fact.

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                                There's some of them in everything I write. (And my wife, who has put up with me for thirty-seven years.)

In fact my oldest daughter will probably be a whole lot better writer than I am. I remember when she was about eight or nine, she told me a war story wasn't about war it was about people in a war.

I read a lot of amateur scripts at the time (not saying mine were pro), but it was amazing how many twenty-year-olds couldn't understand that simple fact.
                                I'm still blown away by the logistics of raising 8 kids. Kudos to you and your wife.
                                Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Working...
                                X