Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Break & Scriptapalooza

Final Draft’s “Big Break®” contest is still open, with Early Bird pricing of $45 per entry in effect until further notice.

Scriptapalooza final deadline for screenplays is April 13 at $65.

Scriptapalooza deadline for television scripts is April 6 at $45.

EDIT TO ADD: Final Draft’s main page says its “Big Break®” contest is closed for 2020, but if you click on “Learn More,” then the “Rules” tab, when opened, says:

“In light of the evolving COVID-19 situation, we are suspending all Big Break contest deadlines at this time. The contest is still open, with Early Bird pricing of $45 per entry in effect until further notice. We will announce new deadlines soon. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.”

When I went through the entry process Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, it allowed me to enter the contest. The price showed it marked down from $75 to $45, which, in my opinion, is a good deal. The rest, as usual, is all about luck and timing.
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-06-2020, 04:42 PM. Reason: Added tags
    "Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.- - Ray Bradbury

Re: Big Break & Scriptapalooza

Good to know, TigerFang. Thanks.
    "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist,- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I wish Page and Austin would also push back their deadlines. The Covid 19 has pushed the contests down on the priority scale these last two months.

Comment

Thoughts about the value of these contests?

Comment

Originally posted by Merrick View Post
          Worth a punt - in the lottery sense of 'don't expect to win but if you can afford to enter then it could change your life if you score big' - but even then it's very much a gamble. Even if you're top 10% of the 5000 entrants, you're still just a 1/500 shot. Even 1/10 odds are stacked against you.

If you're a newbie without confirmation you're a solid writer then you're kissing your money goodbye. The good writer is dropping their wallet in the street and whilst it's likely gone forever there's still a chance it could be returned to them. The newbie writer, however, isn't dropping their wallet, they're setting fire to it.

Comment

I've known writers who have won in different categories of each and career-wise didn't movie the needle (the Scriptapalooza win was $25k at the time, which is nothing to sneeze at though)

Comment

Thanks both. I chose not to enter these two anyway. Info I gathered searching about them didn't seem to show much in the way of reps / getting produced, which is my larger goal.

Confirmation of your writing? Well, that's chicken and egg, I guess. If you've already got confirmation, then you don't need the contests. If you haven't got confirmation then ... either burn your money or enter contests to find out.

Comment

Confirmation of your writing? Well, that's chicken and egg, I guess. If you've already got confirmation, then you don't need the contests. If you haven't got confirmation then ... either burn your money or enter contests to find out.
                Not really.

Comment

Working...
                X