Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expo Writing Tournament

Would anyone who participated in the Expo Writing Tournament care to share any thoughts? It sounds like it could be a fun challenge. What's the process like? Do they basically bring you into a room with 1,000 computers and a big clock?

I'm considering a trip to L.A. for the Expo and exploration. I'd appreciate any thoughts. I've read previous threads (the search function is great!), but if you'd like to share, feel free.

Re: Expo Writing Tournament

Hey Totiwos,

This is Jim Cirile. I'm the coordinator of the CS Open Writing Tournament for the Expo, and my team from Coverage, Ink (www.coverageink.com) are the official contest judges for the Open.

In a nutshell, you have 90 minutes to write an original scene, in longhand and in pencil, based on scene parameters we give you. Your original scene is then read and graded by the Coverage, Ink team. We generally do about 100 writers a time in up to 10 sections for round 1. The top 10% advance to round 2 and then the top 10 to round 3. The top 3 scenes are performed live before a huge audience at the closing ceremonies by actors, and the audience votes on the winner. It's a lot of fun and a real terrific learning experience, since everyone who participates gets notes back on their scene(s.)

For more on the Open please visit www.coverageink.com and also www.screenwritingexpo.com. See ya in November!

--JC

Comment

Working...
    X