Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FilmTrial.com

Have you guys been to that site yet, from what I hear it's pretty good, they have great companies involved, I am not sure yet who the list of panel members are, but I hear they're coming from CAA and possibly William Morris.

Check it out, tell me what you think, 4 of my friends submitted already, I honetsly hope there isnt a huge turn out, it gives me a better chance of getting the grand prize, however I was one of the first 50 to sign up, a month ago, so they sent me a free webcam, it was great.

Reply to this thread tell me if they give you guys any cool stuff for submitting?

Much Love to all the S-writers in the House

Shawna

P.S. I need some sleep

Re: FilmTrial.com

It's $100 to submit a logline to their contest? They should give you a webcam.

Sounds like PGL minus the show.

P.S. If the contest has been open since June 15th, why is the messageboard blank?

EDIT: Er... I guess there is a show, actually.

It's based in NY, but they want you to hit an Australian rating standard. Weird.
    Last edited by BottomlessCup; 08-03-2005, 10:12 PM.
    They cursed us forever, making us prefer dreams to lives.

Comment

Has anybody else heard of this thing?

I'm reserving judgement, but something is definitely fishy. A contest of this magnitude should draw a lot of publicity, but I googled it and only found their website.

None of their "Executive Participants" (Miramax, BBC, etc) have any reference to it on their sites.

As I said above, their contest has allegedly been open for two months, yet their own messagboard doesn't have a single post.

As a result of my other post in this thread, the organizers apparently want to get a hold of me to "help" with something.

Who knows, it could be legit. But a very expensive contest with no track record has to get you wondering.

I'm trying to get more info. We'll see what the organizers want from me, but in the meantime: be skeptical, Done Dealers.

Comment

I'm a little skeptical that this post isn't just spam.

A person hyping a website on their first - and only - post?

That's enough to turn me off right there.
        "So I guess big parts of our youth are supposed to suck. Otherwise we'd get too attached and wake up one day trapped on a hamster wheel that used to look like a merri-go-round." - Hal Sparks

Comment

"Have you guys been to that site yet, from what I hear it's pretty good, they have great companies involved..."

That reads like 27 spams I throw out every day.

Comment

Hi TinyShawna,

Let me be honest to you. You sign up to this board, and your only contribution to the community so far has been to direct us to ANOTHER web site.

One that charges $150 for writer/director submissions
            One that promises (as the grand prize) that the movie will be made by a 'well known' production company. What the heck? "Well Known" ? If you haven't been able to find a production company willing to put their name on your project, then why don't you just admit it!

This is starting to sound like the typical 'pitchfest' fiasco. (eg: "World Pitch Expo" www.worldpitch.com Thankfully the website seems to be down now.)

If you need to remember, people paid their money to pitch to 'executives' at 'well known' production companies. The comments (from some of the 'executives') later were quite interesting. They included comments like "a lot of money with little or no payoff". And these are the 'executives' that were being pitched to!!

Look, if you claim that you are someone who loves the website that you are sending us to, but haven't ever posted a SINGLE MESSAGE on their message board, then I don't believe you.

If, on the other hand, you are an employee of the company, or someone whose job it is to drum up business for the site, then your tactics of pretending that you aren't a company shill is illegal in the USA. (This was decided a long time ago - before the internet age. The case involved people pretending to be unrelated to the company, but sending promotional information with a 'hand-written' post-it-note with "Thought you might like this!" on it.)

Search the web if you want more information.

Mac
            New blogposts:
            *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
            *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
            *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
            *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

This is starting to sound like the typical 'pitchfest' fiasco. (eg: "World Pitch Expo" www.worldpitch.com Thankfully the website seems to be down now.)
              Film Trial is World Pitch. First paragraph of their official rules.

Comment

Yeah, the domain name "filmtrial.com" is owned by:

FashionPitch.com
                413 Snediker Avenue
                Brooklyn, New York 11207
                United States

The owners of both fashionpitch.com and worldpitch.com have got the same
                address. So all of these domains have got one and the same owner. The
                administrative contact of the domains is a person called Antoine Leon.

Conclusion: filmtrial.com = worldpitch.com

Just in case these information can help you to determine whether the contest
                is serious or not. By the way, the website of worldpitch.com is offline now.
                Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

Good work, Dodo. I suspected as much.
                  http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mac H.
                    If, on the other hand, you are an employee of the company, or someone whose job it is to drum up business for the site, then your tactics of pretending that you aren't a company shill is illegal in the USA. (This was decided a long time ago - before the internet age. The case involved people pretending to be unrelated to the company, but sending promotional information with a 'hand-written' post-it-note with "Thought you might like this!" on it.)

Search the web if you want more information.
                    The last line was an admission that I couldn't find it.

Found it now: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1996/02/george.htm

It is rather sad that I considered '1996' to be 'a long time ago'...

Mac
                    New blogposts:
                    *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
                    *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
                    *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
                    *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Working...
                    X