• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker (well, since Jan.)

This board is great.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way online to verify if a script for a produced movie matches the script the WGA has on file?

Unfortunately I called the WGA registraton bureau and the don't release anything except to the person who registered it. But what I'm after is to make sure that the action scripts you can find online are the actual spec scripts.

(Some of the ones I saw on Drew's scripts looked lke they were transcriptions from movies that some fanboy just typed from watching the video. And I want to make sure I do this RIGHT!)

T
    h
    a
    n
    k
    s
    !

PARDACK

Re: Hi!

Nope. but after you read enough of them, you can spot the bs ones. just take it on faith that this is the real thing you're reading.

Comment

Pardack: Unfortunately I called the WGA registraton bureau and the don't release anything except to the person who registered it. But what I'm after is to make sure that the action scripts you can find online are the actual spec scripts.
      Did you mean to ask about shooting scripts, like at: www.simplyscripts.com? I'm confused.

Edit: And some people will do an actual transcription of movies that aren't readily available - usually dialogue only. That's what I've found, anyway.

KWV

Comment

First off, welcome.

If it's screenplays you're looking for and you seriously want to study them I would suggest making the investment and buying the ones that are in the genre and style you're writing for. This way you'll be assured that they are the actual shooting scripts and not some ham handed knock off. Theatrebooks in Toronto carries the best selection around and they will ship anywhere. Click on film then on screenplays. They will be listed alphabetically.
        "Only he is an emancipated thinker who is not afraid to write foolish things.-
        -Chekhov

Comment

Hi again. Thanks, everyone.

I guess I was hoping for something that was wishful thinking: basically an online place that does what the WGA does not: let you look at the registered draft of a spec script.

You are right that it makes sense to buy the actual script. I take it these places are legit?

Thanks,

Pardack

Comment

Theatrebooks has been around for years. They're an institution in these here parts. Best of luck with it.
            "Only he is an emancipated thinker who is not afraid to write foolish things.-
            -Chekhov

Comment

Working...
            X