Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Up-n-coming Actors....

Hey. let us know who you end up going with.

Comment

Originally posted by writerly
      Shia is young, was in Project Greenlight, iRobot, and that golf movie. He's not exactly hip though, more like a Gen Y's version of Woody Allen.

Yeah, I know who he is.
      He's all over the Disney channel reruns from when he was growing up.
      Also was in Charlie's Angels.

NOt really what I'm going for, but I appreciate the thought.

I'll let you guys know who I end up getting for the gig in a few weeks.

S

Comment

I would go with one of the following: Leif Garret, David Cassidy, Jerry Mathers, Mickey Dolenz, or Soleil Moon Frye.

Personally, I say go with Mickey. He has an awesome head shape.

Comment

Just to update those of you who helped brainstorm:

Checked with Josh Hartnet - too expensive

Then looked into the following:

Christen Haydenson - too expensive

James Franco - too expensive

Zach Braff - too expensive

and so on, and so on and so on.

Currently contacting others. ONe's got a great voice, not as easily recognized, but still great.

We'll see how it goes.

Santino

Comment

I'll do you a favor... I checked the imdb starchart to find out who's the flavor of the week, that may not be too pricey. Have to check on their voices.... Here you go:

Zac Ephron, 18, Talent Works
            The Rock, 34, UTA
            Pablo Santos, 19, Don Buchwald & Associates
            Zach Braff, 31, CAA
            Jason Ritter, 26, ETA
            Rupert Everett, 47, ICM
            Jonathan Taylor Thomas, 25, ICM
            Spencer Fox, teenager (Dash in the Incredibles)

Comment

Originally posted by erinchap View Post
              I'll do you a favor... I checked the imdb starchart to find out who's the flavor of the week, that may not be too pricey. Have to check on their voices.... Here you go:

Zac Ephron, 18, Talent Works
              The Rock, 34, UTA
              Pablo Santos, 19, Don Buchwald & Associates
              Zach Braff, 31, CAA
              Jason Ritter, 26, ETA
              Rupert Everett, 47, ICM
              Jonathan Taylor Thomas, 25, ICM
              Spencer Fox, teenager (Dash in the Incredibles)
              I appreciate that research. Really.
              But the only one out of that list that truly fits the tone of the work is Zach Braff and we contacted CAA yesterday about him.
              Came in way over budget.
              Unfortunately, the spots only air regionally so the quarterly residuals don't pay as much as nationals and therefore the agents want to make sure they really sock it to us on the upfront costs.

S

Comment

Uh, Santino, this one may seem out of left field, but it just sort of popped in the old noggin when I saw the names mentioned. A lot of those guys really aren't up and coming. They are pretty much established and thus pricey, but if you are looking for hip and recognizable, what about this guy:

Steven Strait.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1711829/

He first caught my eye as a real "up-and-comer" when I was watching "Sky High" with my kids. He's now in "The Covenant" (I know, I know... bad reviews, but the kids that I teach dig it- it's their "Lost Boys"), and he has some other projects coming up. Not exactly a household name, but I bet he's affordable and he's definately becoming recognizable.

Just a thought. Good luck, bro. If he doesn't work out, I'm always available. I think most people agree that as far as spokepeople go, there really aren't enough short, fat, pasty, nasal-voiced white dudes out their promoting stuff. I work cheap.

EDIT: Convinced that I may be onto something here, I did a little more research and found out that the guy is a lead singer in band that has it's first album coming out soon. Hmmm... double threat, maybe?
                Last edited by earlyman75; 09-26-2006, 08:40 PM.
                Goonies never say die!

Comment

Something makes me wonder if he'd be into commercials (maybe that he's adapting a David Foster Wallace novel to direct), but John Krasinski (Jim on the Office, also day player in Jarhead, in some romcom with Lauren Graham this winter) has a Zach Braff feel, mid 20's, distinctive speech and some cred. Cheaper than the ones you checked, too, I bet. Or B.J. Novak (Ryan the temp on The Office, also does standup).

Comment

I agree on Steven Strait - pegged him as a breakout star from Sky High and then forgot about him.... he'd be great. Don't know about his voice tho...

and not to toot my horn but I did peg Julia Roberts, Brad Pit, Wentworth Miller in their first roles.....I know, since I'm a nobody it doesn't count

oh well my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                    X