Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio Access

Hey, to those of you lucky enough to know...

If you're working on a studio lot, when you show up for work in the morning, how are you let in? Do you have an access badge of some sort, or are you on a list and show ID, or what?

Unless you're Norma Desmond, of course.

Also, has anyone worked at a non-major studio? If I even know what I'm talking about, I imagine there are some low budget cheesy b-movie studious out there that don't look too fancy. If anyone knows anything about these joints, please give a breif description. I'd really appreciate it.

Re: Studio Access

You have an employee ID card, and a parking pass.

When you have a meeting on the lot you stop at the guard gate, they look you up on the computer and print out 2 passes - one for your car window and one for your pocket (that I always leave in the car). They will check your ID to make sure you are who you claim you are, and then tell you to park in the structure the farthest from where your meeting is. They'll usually give you a lot map if you ask - I remember when Universal re-numbered all of their buildings and I had no idea where I was going.

On a non-studio lot, like The Lot or Raliegh or Lantana, it's the same thing - guard gate, ID, computer (or list or they call). I don't know what's needed if you're an employee.

In a building, you usually just go in, go up to your floor, and if you're an employee - that's all. If you're there for a meeting you go to the reception desk, they tell you to sit and wait... and eventually someone comes out for you.

There's that odd building in BH where they have rent-a-offices with a central reception desk. Producers there may have nothing more than a mailbox, but can rent an office for a meeting.

- Bill (hope you're not writing a hollywood script)
    Free Script Tips:
    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Working...
    X