Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance question, "act of God"

I can call up an insurance agent, but I thought I'd see if there are any here, first. I've been looking for a list of specific deaths that would be considered an "act of God" and some information about how that death would be handled.

On a side note, if you Google "act of God" and "death," it brings up some interesting sites, if not particularly helpful to me in this instance.

Re: Insurance question, "act of God"

Are you talking Life Insurance? Act of God usually refers to claims for homeowners insurance...lightning, tornadoes, storms etc. unforseen and unpredictable occurrances. As far as Life Insurance, a death is either an accident, illness or natural causes. Suicide sometimes isn't covered for the first 2 years of a policy.

If someone is struck by lightning or killed in a Tsunami, then I guess maybe that would be considered death by an act of God.

Comment

If someone is struck by lightning or killed in a Tsunami, then I guess maybe that would be considered death by an act of God.
      That's exactly the thing I'm thinking of, only I'd like to get as complete a list as possible so that I can choose the method of death.

Comment

If you have a life insurance policy, then pull it out and see if it lists specific coverages. Many life insurance policies have double indemnity which pays double for accidental deaths...anything but illness usually. Any act of God (must include nature in some way I would guess) would constitute an accident. Acts of stupidity or recklessness would just be an accident...electricuting yourself, falling off the roof, leaving the gas on your stove, swimming with sharks...(though maybe wild animals qualify as an act of God?)

Have fun with your story!

Comment

It doesn't answer your question, but you might be interested in this movie:

"The man who sued God" : www.imdb.com/title/tt0268437/

It's a movie about the same Insurance Question...

Mac
          New blogposts:
          *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
          *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
          *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
          *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

You could always have an angel of death come down and slay the character. That might constitute an act of god...

Comment

Working...
            X