Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI, 10-3 on Police Codes...

The Department of Homeland Security tells police to JUST SPEAK ENGLISH...
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Re: FYI, 10-3 on Police Codes...

For the Virginia State Police, the switch to a "common language protocol" took effect November 1 ...
    Okay, first off guys ... ya doesn't has to call it a 'common language protocol'
    sigpic
    "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
    that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
    -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Yay! Well, my dept hasn't changed yet. All though, it would be nice for tow trucks to stop showing up when I ask for an ambulance. Hmm...stupid ten codes, I can't ever remember which is which.

Comment

The 10 codes became so localized over the years that knowing one set of codes wouldn't guarantee you knowledge of what any other department is talking about.

Personally, I think they still have their usefullness. Not every felon knows what the 10-code is for "felony warrant for murder on file, use caution." Dispatchers can say that "10-99" is such a benign or cheery way that it give the officer much-needed seconds to prepare.

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

Huh?

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by VanekSF1
            The officer shouldn't need any time to prepare. He's trained to be on alert at ALL times, in ALL situations. Expect the unexpected.
            Originally posted by yvonnjanae View Post
            Huh?

One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Wanna run that by me again? And this time, be aware that I was a police dispatcher and I know that officers appreciate the heads up. Thanks.

Comment

Please Vanek...please do
                One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

I'm not sure what to think of a police officer who has no respect for the assistance they receive from dispatchers.

If you somehow perceived that I was being disrespectful of you because I said police appreciate that extra cushion that the 10 codes give them, then you are just looking for a fight.

If the 10 codes didn't serve any value there would have been no reason for using them in the first place. Just have the dispatcher say "The subject you just stopped has a felony warrant for homicide."

And maybe someone like you doesn't need to work in that sector, since you think that everyone you encounter is a potential murderer. Fortunately, most cops know that there is always the potential for danger, but they know how to treat human beings with respect.

Comment

Not sure where you got the impression I was telling you how to do your job, but if that's the level of reading perception you have, so be it.

I stand by my statement that you probably shouldn't be a cop in Watts. If people wonder why folks in the ghetto hate cops, all they have to do is read your words.

And if you think anybody believes that every police officer is such a well-oiled law-enforcement machine that they don't appreciate or need assistance from dispatchers, then you just go on with your bad self.

I could say a lot more, but Done Deal would say it wasn't in keeping with the purpose of this Website.

Comment

Hmmm...I really don't want to get involved in this. I get along with 95% of the dispatchers I work with. We need to work with each other to get the job done out there.

All I can say is treat everybody you meet on the street with respect but be prepared to kill them. A little respect does go a long way and it's kept me out of fights but when it's on, it's on. Where I work nobody likes the police. If we really wanted to be liked we'd be firefighters .

Comment

Does anyone know the police codes for the UK metropolitan police?

I'm looking for the code they would broadcast upon discovery of a murder.

Comment

Working...
                        X