No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Now

I need help with something.

I am looking for a list of movies where the protagonist has been led to believe he is someone he isn't or possess some power he doesn't necessarilly have i.e., Trading Places, The Truman Show etc.

Would also like some titles about people who actually receive powers they misuse i.e. Bruce Almighty, Liar Liar, etc...

Anything you got will be greatly appreciated. I have been approached about an assignment to write a script along those lines and need to do some research quickly. Thanx.

Re: Need Help Now

Originally posted by SCRYPTREADER View Post
    I need help with something.

I am looking for a list of movies where the protagonist has been led to believe he is someone he isn't or possess some power he doesn't necessarilly have i.e., Trading Places, The Truman Show etc.

Would also like some titles about people who actually receive powers they misuse i.e. Bruce Almighty, Liar Liar, etc...

Anything you got will be greatly appreciated. I have been approached about an assignment to write a script along those lines and need to do some research quickly. Thanx.
    THE IMPOSTER
    IMPOSTER
    SIXTH DAY
    THE MAJESTIC
    THE INSPECTOR GENERAL
    PRINCE AND THE PAUPER
    ???
    sigpic
    "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
    that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
    -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Help Now

ARSENIC AND OLD LACE

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (Tabby, how did you miss that?)

ANASTASIA

MAN OF LA MANCHA

TOTAL RECALL
      JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

There's lots of switched-at-birth stuff to choose from, although I don't know if that'd suit your purposes. Stuff like START THE REVOLUTION WITHOUT ME, THE PARENT TRAP, or BIG BUSINESS. (I don't know why it's always twins whose lives are getting jacked up.)

SOAPDISH involves a character being decieved in a pretty major way about who she is.

I can't remember all the details of ELF, but did he know he was adopted at the beginning of the film or did he just think he was unusually large?

Then you've got your semi-amnesiac stories like THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT and AMERICAN DREAMER.

For the issue of acquiring powers, you've got everything from THE CRAFT to MATILDA to GROUNDHOG DAY. Oh, and MODERN PROBLEMS.

I'm not saying all of them are great movies, mind you. Just that they may touch on the themes you're looking for.
        The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SCRYPTREADER View Post
          The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936) is a precursor for most of these movies. An entertaining fantasy by H.G. Wells, from Great Britain.
          "THIMK." - Amomynous

Comment

You guys came thru big time - Thanx. That's all I need.

Comment

Working...
            X