Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writers Block

I found some tips on how to get writing here.

I have been reflecting on what occurs in my mind when I even broach consideration of writing. I haven't noticed or paid much attention to this before, but it is clearly a powerful influence.

There seems to be a voice, like that of an infant sitting on a high chair. The infant is shaking its head and saying, "Nope! No! Not!"

What seems to happen is I this: a nascent urge to write arises. This urge encounters the nay-saying, adamant infant and the urge retreats and dissolves.

I think that this infant needs to be taught a lesson! I also think that something like this can run your life without you knowing it.

Has anybody here worked through something like this before?
    Last edited by yeehi; 05-22-2008, 11:54 PM.

Re: Writers Block

Scary.

Have you tried writing a short story instead?

Or a recipe?

Or a blog entry?

Something, anything, that you don't usually write, is all I mean.

Have you written your 5-page script for the Geek contest yet? 5 pages, how hard can that be?

-Derek

Comment

"I have been reflecting on what occurs in my mind when I even broach consideration of writing".

Comment

Re: Writer's Block

Originally posted by yeehi View Post
        II have been reflecting on what occurs in my mind when I even broach consideration of writing. I haven't noticed or paid much attention to this before, but it is clearly a powerful influence.
        It is a powerful thing.

And it just doesn't happen with writing. It happens with other things. That dang little voice.

You know what? You wanna write so badly that you're thinking about what's stopping you. That's the love of wanting to write inside of you. You also have the desire because you're actively trying to solve what's stopping you.

So now you got the love and desire and all you need is to write. So write . . . one scene . . . about anything. Where is this scene? Who's in the scene? What's the point of the scene? 1/3, 1/2 or a whole page or more. Just write it.

Then after you write it, tweak it, have fun with it and this might just get the ball rolling for you.

So acknowledge and thank that little voice (baby) for his opinion and then tell him you gotta do what you gotta do and do it.

Have a good weekend, yeehi.

Corona
        I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
        I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Yeehi --

You've made 828 posts* on Done Deal.

You have no problem writing.

Think about that.

* Okay, a bunch of those are just quotes of other people's posts, accompanied by this emoticon: . But still, you've written a lot on Done Deal.
          Last edited by Ralphy W; 05-23-2008, 10:39 AM.
          "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

This reminds me of that episode of THE SOPRANOS in which Tony was complaining that he couldn't get it up when he was on the verge of having sex with some hot, nubile young broad. He thought maybe there was something wrong with his dick.

So Dr. Melfi asked him, "Do you ever wake up in the morning with an erection?"

"All the time," he said.

"Then there's nothing wrong with your penis."

It also reminds me of the "Show me: 'paint the fence'" scene in THE KARATE KID.

Okay, maybe that's stretching it a bit.
            "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphy W View Post
              * Okay, a bunch of those are just quotes of other people's posts, accompanied by this emoticon:

Comment

* Okay, a bunch of those are just quotes of other people's posts, accompanied by this emoticon:

Comment

Comment

lol

Comment

Yeah, I started a thread about free writing. Good hints on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehi
                        There seems to be a voice, like that of an infant sitting on a high chair. The infant is shaking its head and saying, "Nope! No! Not!"

If all else fails, Yeehi, you write very creative and wonderful posts, as many have said.
                        Last edited by amandag; 12-18-2018, 09:45 AM.
                        https://actbreakdown.com

Comment

Working...
                        X