Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenwriting Resource Website

Okay, I'm taking it upon myself to develop a public access screenwriting resource website. I'm not selling anything here. This is coming from the fact that my internet favorites are out of control and I have soooo many PDF files of information that I don't really want to carry around with me on my computer. I just want a resource I can get to from anywhere with internet access, with sections separated by topic.

This is going to be a hub for any and all resources related to screenwriting, without all of the commentary that you usually have to sift through. I want it to be the resource for all of the best resources out there. Like the Yellow Pages of screenwriting (I will try to filter out the garbage).

This is a call for anyone who has a writing blog or consulting services or their own resource site or favorite websites or articles or any information they want to share. Give me the link or file and a blurb (if it's your work) and I'll be sure to include it.

Do you think this is a good idea?

"We're all immigrants now, man."
    - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Re: Screenwriting Resource Website

I think that's a very cool idea. I know someone who is interested in doing a site like this as well with resources for not just screenwriters but for film makers as well, doc, feature and indy as far as equipment rental, tax benefits by location, etc. So you could have lots of categories: blogs, services, equipment, actors, supplies, software, competitions, message boards - I'm sure you've got that all worked out. I love this idea. There is SO much online that it is confusing.

Sign me up for The Rouge Wave, The Script Department and The Silver Screenwriting Competition!

Julie Gray

Comment

Originally posted by velysai View Post
      Okay, I'm taking it upon myself to develop a public access screenwriting resource website. I'm not selling anything here. This is coming from the fact that my internet favorites are out of control and I have soooo many PDF files of information that I don't really want to carry around with me on my computer. I just want a resource I can get to from anywhere with internet access, with sections separated by topic.

This is going to be a hub for any and all resources related to screenwriting, without all of the commentary that you usually have to sift through. I want it to be the resource for all of the best resources out there. Like the Yellow Pages of screenwriting (I will try to filter out the garbage).

This is a call for anyone who has a writing blog or consulting services or their own resource site or favorite websites or articles or any information they want to share. Give me the link or file and a blurb (if it's your work) and I'll be sure to include it.

Do you think this is a good idea?
      Isn't "Done Deal" that sort of site already?

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
        Isn't "Done Deal" that sort of site already?
        Done Deal will definitely be listed as a great message board and resource in general (it will be listed under several sections, including trades), but to reiterate:
        Originally posted by velysai
        This is going to be a hub for any and all resources related to screenwriting, without all of the commentary that you usually have to sift through.
        I'm not creating a message board or a tracking board. It's just a full directory of links and files that are labeled and easy to navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by La Femme Joyeuse View Post
          I think that's a very cool idea. I know someone who is interested in doing a site like this as well with resources for not just screenwriters but for film makers as well, doc, feature and indy as far as equipment rental, tax benefits by location, etc. So you could have lots of categories: blogs, services, equipment, actors, supplies, software, competitions, message boards - I'm sure you've got that all worked out. I love this idea. There is SO much online that it is confusing.

Sign me up for The Rouge Wave, The Script Department and The Silver Screenwriting Competition!
          I didn't really want to get into the filmmaking stuff much. I'm just going to focus on the writing part for now and maybe have a very tiny section for other filmmaking info that I've run across. When was your friend planning on making their site? I want to get mine up by the end of July, hopefully, at least the working version and I can add to it.

Can you give me a blurb for each of your links, too?

Comment

I think that's a wicked idea. Gutsy and useful.
            Visceral Films
            Sophocles 2007 above all others

Comment

Working...
            X