Your top 10 most important writing related sites...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your top 10 most important writing related sites...

It's okay according to most the board... The new Messiah is taking office soon and the world will become one under his direction as a community organizer... LOL
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Code7Films View Post
      Lighten up Will... I was talking about past members who left and often offered great advice...
      then don't drop vague comments and act surprised when someone calls you on it
      "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

It ain't a website, but Todd's Script Trading Circle is a valuable piece of merch.

Comment

Originally posted by Moviequill View Post
          then don't drop vague comments and act surprised when someone calls you on it
          Thanks for that great advice...
          "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
            It ain't a website, but Todd's Script Trading Circle is a valuable piece of merch.
            Absolutely. In fact, I'd put it right up there with Wordplay, Artful Writer and John August's blog as far as value to aspiring screenwriters is concerned.
            "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

Several key people who offered sound advice and edification, left.
              "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
              -Maya Angelou

Comment

[quote=WriteByNight;486928]I like twoadverbs alot because of Christopher Lockhart's invaluable input. Also that of James V. Simpson. quote]

Amen.

I think each site has amazing things to offer, but each offers something different (or you get different things out of it depending where you are in the learning curve).
                DDP - the best place for sales news and research on sales. And great commraderie - it's like coming home to friends. Also, due to how many people are always on, you can ask any question about ANYTHING, and chances are someone out there has some info (I'm talking not specific to writing). (and I like that you added the tv sales, Will. Thanks.)

Twoadverbs - the best place I know to workshop loglines and discuss structure of scripts and films. Lot of "seasoned hands" offering opinions, not a lot of new folks looking to pick a fight for ha-has. Mature, deep discussions. Chris and Jay are always around to add some great info and opinions.

Trackingb.com= great place to see what's going out NOW, great place to learn the tastes of specific managers and agents - and the Insider will field any question you ask him - great guy, a true friend to writers.
                Theartfulwriter.com/forum - I don't think enough people know about this place. Where else can you ask a question about WANTED or NATIONAL TREASURE directly to the writers of the scripts themselves? And they answer very quickly. A very underused resource, IMHO.

Comment

Done Deal's still a great place to get lots of information...twoadverbs doesn't get as much foot traffic which I think is a blessing and a curse... the Xmas logline contest there with no entry fee and pretty kewl prizes was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
                    Done Deal's still a great place to get lots of information...twoadverbs doesn't get as much foot traffic which I think is a blessing and a curse... the Xmas logline contest there with no entry fee and pretty kewl prizes was fun.
                    Awesome contest - awesome prizes. And very educational.
                    Also, thanks to the great members here, DD is the BEST place to go to get your hands on the scripts you want!

Comment

I'd like to check-out twoadverbs but all I see are articles and tips. Is there a forum there too I can join?

Comment

Yeah Telly, there is. I think you need to go to NEW USER in the top right hand corner. It can be confusing, I remember when I first tried I couldn't figure it out, so I emailed the webmaster, Jacinthe (who's uber-cool) and she set it up for me. I don't remember why it was hard, only that I was doing something wrong. But try new user and see where that takes you...

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
                          Oh, dear God. No Bush comments anyone.
                          I dunno... sorta liked "Everything Zen" and "Little Things".
                          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                          X