Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: YANAMOMO SHENANIGANS!

The Yanamomo Indians of the central Amazon have been the focus of Napoleon Chagnon's entire Anthropological career.

From charting their language linguistically to recording customs-traditions-folklore, etc.

In the course of living with the Yanomomo he discovered
    three interesting points.

1. When a disagreement occurs between warriors,the offended warrior is allowed to clobber the offender over the head with a large wooden pole. Then the other man, provided still conscious, gets to whack him back. This continues until one is knocked unconscious... makes sense to me!:lol

2. When a wife offends her husband he has many options from shooting her in the rump with an arrow to pulling one of her pierced earing off... ouch!:lol

3. But this is the neatest... they shave the bark of the Hisasi Tree(indigenous to the region) and grind the bark up into a fine powder. This is inserted into a long blow-gun type tube. One man takes the end of this three foot long tube, inserting into a nostril while pinching the other nostril off.

His partner then blows the Hisasi Powder threw the tube and into the nasal passage of his buddy. Sometimes, not often, the pressure of the "blow" ruptures the sinus cavity but usually just green mucous emanates from the blown out nostril... then you hallucinate for about three to five hours, just curious, has anybody tried this?:rollin

Let's not forget the cultrally mandated spousal abuse. When you're wife steps out of line, usually the other wives demand the husband beat her.

Comment

A guy I work with is very into historical combat practices and he shared something with me â€"

In medieval Germany, when a marital disagreement reached a certain level, the husband wold be given a club and buried up to his waist in the ground. The wife would be given a staff and allowed to abuse her husband any way she saw fit.

He even showed me a publication showing defensive tactics for husbands, complete with illustrations.

Ah â€" the good old days.

Comment

Working...
      X